Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
gagnaccarp

new pb 38.2 common

P1000161_zps368d5b92.jpg

I took my nephew with me,and told him he had to sit still for as long as it takes,he is 16 ,I explained that you cant move ,even if a mossy lands on you and if you have to move your head you need to do it so a quarter turn takes around ten seconds,he was chuckling to himself for the whole time,he was sat behind me ,I was fishing about 4 foot out in around 3 foot of water,a piece of plastic corn with a few freebies chucked round,after around 2 hours just after dusk,the tell tale swirls appeared in the moonlight coming up river towards my bait then the eruption,my nephew was amazed,thought I might of had my first 40 but it wasn't to be,just over 38 lb,ive been having a good run recently ,I will see if it lets me put a few others ive had lately up !

P1000190_zpsc168817e.jpg

34 lb I had today,i had a right scrap with this stocky lump !

P1000180_zpsbc114964.jpg

20.6 also gave me a good scrap,had this last Friday along with a 15 lb common.

P1000169_zps07a6177f.jpg 32 lb,

must get a forty soon ! I should be doing some work but some things are just soooo much more important

Edited by gagnaccarp

Lovely looking fish mate. Well in!!

I was fishing the other day, really tight swim and there were some big swirls around by the lilies but I couldn't get anything to show an interest in my bait.

As I was sitting there, literally a couple of inches from the bank in front of me, there was a massive great swirl from a tail and a load of muck and silt being stirred up from the bottom.

I tried to slyly drop a bait on top of it but whatever it was spooked and it disappeared.

But if it had been any closer in, it would have needed to grow legs!

I love close in fishing.

there is no better or more exciting way of catcing carp for me,when a large carp drifts into your swim and gets its head down my heart nearly beats out of my cheast,i have learnt not to hold my rod as I spooked one once because my heart was beating so hard my rod was bouncing around !

,my backside is so sore at the moment though I find it hard to sleep, that comes from sitting on a banking for up to 14 hours usually in an uncomfortable position on my carp mat often on rocks,im fishing places I wouldn't of given a second glance last year and often have to get in there to move bits of fallen trees ,where everI find them i will try to find a way of getting in there,

sometimes they feed so hard they are completely oblivious to me,yesterday I was bringing my rod in when I found it had snagged so I wound my drag in and walked backwards and ended up pulling a small twig off something bigger,then I noticed that a mirror had its head down munchin away only 10 foot away ,so I sneaked my line back in but it didn't find it and drifted off eventually !

I spent a fortune on all the special ingredients to make boilies this summer but every carp ive had this year has been in the margins on corn,sometimes over a bed of hemp . I have spooked a few but they often come back cautiously for the first 5 mins but they are greedy and cant resist that lovely corn ,at the moment the fry that are in large shoals in the margins are the biggest indicator as to where the carp are as they dart out of their way !

Lovely looking fish mate. Well in!!

I was fishing the other day, really tight swim and there were some big swirls around by the lilies but I couldn't get anything to show an interest in my bait.

As I was sitting there, literally a couple of inches from the bank in front of me, there was a massive great swirl from a tail and a load of muck and silt being stirred up from the bottom.

I tried to slyly drop a bait on top of it but whatever it was spooked and it disappeared.

But if it had been any closer in, it would have needed to grow legs!

I love close in fishing.

Smufter from some recent experience free line some maggots on a hook if you can see where the fish are and can reach them. Just load the hook so you can barely see any metal.

you barely make any splash and can get them out a fair way. It works well if you can see the fish and plonk it in front of them or just beyond and reel back so they sink in front of their faces.

They slowly drop through the water and either provoke a bite or the fish ignore but don't tend to spook.

Also if it's been feeding close in, chances are it will return. I had to wait for five visits by one carp to a spot as each time it ate a few grains and went for a swim. When I first put the bait in, it swam off but returned checking out the area before returning a number of times to eat.

Smufter from some recent experience free line some maggots on a hook if you can see where the fish are and can reach them. Just load the hook so you can barely see any metal.

you barely make any splash and can get them out a fair way. It works well if you can see the fish and plonk it in front of them or just beyond and reel back so they sink in front of their faces.

They slowly drop through the water and either provoke a bite or the fish ignore but don't tend to spook.

Also if it's been feeding close in, chances are it will return. I had to wait for five visits by one carp to a spot as each time it ate a few grains and went for a swim. When I first put the bait in, it swam off but returned checking out the area before returning a number of times to eat.

I find the same mate,i can often watch em swim through,the first time through they hoover the easy pickings then on the next pass the harder bits then they will take their time and clean up,if they haven't had mine by the 5th or 6th pass then my hook is caught on something (usually) , I lost a nice mirror to a snag this morning it came up with the branch,i was gutted,at least I didn't leave a hook in it,then some numpty pike anglers parked their boat about 30 yards up river and found it funny when they saw me fishing in the tree line,wa##ers !and they were live baiting !the carp were having it till they arrived, it wasn't so funny when I dislodged a boulder while climbing back up the steep banking that made a tidal wave !

I love freelining, especially a nice big piece of breadflake. Just wet it enough so that it sinks slowly and 9 times out of 10, if there is a fish in the vicinity you will get a take.

Most probably my favourite form of fishing.

I find the same mate,i can often watch em swim through,the first time through they hoover the easy pickings then on the next pass the harder bits then they will take their time and clean up,if they haven't had mine by the 5th or 6th pass then my hook is caught on something (usually) , I lost a nice mirror to a snag this morning it came up with the branch,i was gutted,at least I didn't leave a hook in it,then some numpty pike anglers parked their boat about 30 yards up river and found it funny when they saw me fishing in the tree line,wa##ers !and they were live baiting !the carp were having it till they arrived, it wasn't so funny when I dislodged a boulder while climbing back up the steep banking that made a tidal wave !

I've recently done quite a bit of stalking on two different sets of pools, one with a few fish, the other with a decent head of fish in. I only go for an hour or two but it's much more exciting than being behind alarms. You also learn a lot and with the water being crystal clear it's amazing what you see and how they feed. It gives you a real insight into their behavior. I imagine that excitement becomes much more when your on a river and there's much more chance of the unknown.

I've recently done quite a bit of stalking on two different sets of pools, one with a few fish, the other with a decent head of fish in. I only go for an hour or two but it's much more exciting than being behind alarms. You also learn a lot and with the water being crystal clear it's amazing what you see and how they feed. It gives you a real insight into their behavior. I imagine that excitement becomes much more when your on a river and there's much more chance of the unknown.

Its amazing watching them hoover your bait up,nudging rocks around to get in there,and when they suck the corn up it shoots into their mouth so quickly that its hard to see,i always make sure my hooklink can extend 3 or 4 inches so it reaches their mouth because I have seen it stop short !very frustrating !