broken pole help

manc70

Can anyone help me replace a broken pole for JRC STI 2MAN broke mine last week on the bank I have bought another one and wondered if anyone had replaced one and could advise me on the best way to replace it   Thanks Bill  PS didn,t get the jrc tx 2g got this one instead with 2 wraps

Can anyone help me replace a broken pole for JRC STI 2MAN broke mine last week on the bank I have bought another one and wondered if anyone had replaced one and could advise me on the best way to replace it Thanks Bill PS didn,t get the jrc tx 2g got this one instead with 2 wraps

Which pole is it ?

found this, dont know if it solves your problem, if it is an elasticated section you can get replacements from go outdoors and re elastcate yourself. you just get the right diameter and cut to length

http://www.kpspares.co.uk/jrcspares.html

He wants help in carrying out the works Cyborx, he's already bought the new one :wink:

Never had to replace one on a bivvy so my question before offering any advice would be:

Can you remove the end section from it's pocket / socket (Or whatever it is called :wink: ) which holds it to the bottom of the bivvy (Hopefully this makes sense :oops: )

Bill, explain to me more clearly, please. Did the pole break or did the elastic which passes through the pole sections snap? What have you bought by way of replacement?

I may, with sufficient information, be able to help. I'm an engineer, a welder/fabricator and a long term owner of a bivvy identical to yours.

Ian

Bill, explain to me more clearly, please. Did the pole break or did the elastic which passes through the pole sections snap? What have you bought by way of replacement?

I may, with sufficient information, be able to help. I'm an engineer, a welder/fabricator and a long term owner of a bivvy identical to yours.

Ian

See :) as if by magic :)

HI Ian the pole broke not the elastic and I have bought the replacement pole I think I unbolt the broken pole and replace it with the new one do I put the new pole in assembled or broken for ease of replacement hope this helps   I suppose if I get it out easy broken down I would get the new one back the same way ( THINKING OUT ALOUD ) Thanks Bill