Air dry boilies and glug

I'd leave them hanging until Thursday then add glug to them.

Keep topping up the glug as the boilies suck it in and then occasionally coat them again.

I bought some Korda infuza pots because they are ideal for the way I glug my boilies. I add a small amount of glug to the pot. Leave the pot on the side in the kitchen and then give it a shake every day to put another thin coat on the boilies for them to suck in.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have made some supermarket boilies and i air dried them.

I put them in a glug pot and half filled it with the glug, i shake them every couple of days.

Firstly, how long will they keep in the glug and secondly does it matter that they havn't soaked (never likely to) all the glug up?

Thanks,

Andy

The best bet is to air dry them for a week or so, and keep moving them every day, this will ensure all of the moisture leaves the boillie and they will then be rock hard and take on glug.

I wouldnt have flled it up as much as you did, when i do my pop-up specials, i add a drop every other day to the pot of say 50 baits then shake and leave, after a 2 week process of this, the baits have taken on all of this added attraction and still remained hard.

You have soaked them in the glug, which in theory will still add lots of atttraction over time, but the concern is that the bait may become too soft and cant take on all of that liquid.

Ben

As far as i am aware it's an oil based glug (not 100% sure) made by dynamite, i have the pineaple and the source.

I have bought pop ups and home made bottom baits, will they still possibly disintegrate, i did boil them for 2 minutes>

Im new to boilie making as i used tpo just use shelf life before, 9 years ago!

Andy

Have you got any spare glug pots?

I'd pour the glug into a spare pot and then add it back in a little every couple of days, giving them a shake to ensure an even coating.

Leaving them glugged won't make them disintegrate in the pot, but it might make them extra soft leaving them susceptible to splitting when you put them on the rig, or when they hit the water and also mean they won't last as long in the water before they do break down.

Have you got any spare glug pots?

I'd pour the glug into a spare pot and then add it back in a little every couple of days, giving them a shake to ensure an even coating.

Leaving them glugged won't make them disintegrate in the pot, but it might make them extra soft leaving them susceptible to splitting when you put them on the rig, or when they hit the water and also mean they won't last as long in the water before they do break down.

On the plus side they'll be super lethal attractive albeit short term . Bit like fishing with large Halibut pellets .

I have some hookbaits that i added egg albumin to years ago that are as hard as rocks and have been glugging ever since .

At least i think thats the stuff . Whatever it is that hardens the boilies :)

Edited by newmarket

Just a little something to think about...I did some tests a couple of years ago to see how much moisture was lost through air drying...I found over a week from freshly made boilies left overnight....I weighed exactly 500grms of bait and air dryed them for exactly one week...after that I weighed them again and they had lost 150grms due to the drying process...so that then gave me a rough guessimate of how much liquid attraction I would need to get them back to their original moisture level so to say...but a quicker and easier way is to freeze them..take them out shake and exsess ice/frost off them and give them a quick coating with the liquid and let them absorb it in....and then repeat the process without freezing the following day....cheers

Take care

Nails

just interested why people buy expensive freezer baits, dry them and glug them, it was a general question Andy not directed at you, just  curious.

I know, i was just giving the reason i asked what i did bud :wink:

I'm looking at just making my own for the limited fishing time i have so mine will all be freezer attractor baits as at the moment i will just be doing day sessions.

Occasionally I like the added attraction of a few glugged baits mixed in with my frozen or hard air dried baits as part of the bed of baits. I don't make the whole bed of boilies of glugged baits, but a few mixed in do increase the attraction. You then have the benefit of the long term food bait, and the instant extra attraction of the fish or vegetable oil, sugar syrup, or amino acids of whatever soak or glug you use.

My favourite glug for ages was Nutramino, Multimino, Corn Steep Liquor with some added glycerine, and I had some baits kept in it for ages.

I tended to fish one soaked hookbait and one ordinary out of the bait bag over the mix. Either would go and produce fish