Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jules007

Not been about much

Hi all, some may have noticed i have not been about much for a long time, i have been logging it, just not had much to post about as i have not wet a line for about 18 months, as happens to us i sort of lost my mojo after spending 2 seasons chasing a very large common down in the nene valley, i ended up pulling of the lake when they stopped night fishing, it was to far to go just to fish days only, since then i have not been able to find a water i want to be at.

I have to say i feel a spark of interest flaring up, however i dont see me going back to bivvy/bite alarms/sessions, so i am going to look for a water that i can fish old school with a float or ledger set up days only

Hi Jules, for one reason and another this year has not allowed me to do over nighters , just one all year so far and two more this coming weekend . Since June I must of done 50 2/3/4 hour sessions with 2 rods a net and a bag of bits no alarms no boilies no shelter ,I cannot believe how much I have enjoyed it and caught more fish in the last 4 months than I have caught in the last 4 years the biggest just over 19lb from a lake where most people have never seen a double .

It's so differant to fishing for days on end you still put effort in but there isn't the pressure that comes with fishing hard waters , the lake I've been fishing has a lot of singles in it but I've been using big baits trying to hook into some of the bigger ones don't always catch but I've realised that I can do a few hours not catch and still go home smiling . Find yourself a water probaly one that you usually would not even look at sit there catch a few and just enjoy the fishing .

Whilst you are at it Jules why not give Pattersons a coat of looking at? Its just the other side of Mirfield from Brighouse  and you could do very well on there with the float and day sessions tactics.

I was in the same boat around 8 years back, playing Golf far more than I fished. Fortunately for me one of the guys I'd started playing Golf with was a former match angler, and was still a member of a local club, which he dragged me along to for a day session.

I was lucky on that day, and as the fish were not used to being fished for off the top, (my favourite method on warm Summer days), I had a belting time of it, and I got really well into it again very quickly.

B.O.F.  :wink: