Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
grangemilky

Small Setup.

i'm looking to build up a small set up to put on a push bike for next year. Something small and cheap. Nash Dwarfs fit the bill, mainly because they fold up small and have a matching rod bag avaliable, but hear bad things about them snapping? Reels must be front drag and non baitrunner, would consider something old/vintage. Ideas?

Hi milky when you say cheap are you open to going down the John Wilson route ?

He does a 5 piece travel rod in 3lb test curve ?

If its anything like his avon/feeder rods it'll be a cracker ?

Completely not against cheap. But 5 or 6 piece rods aren't really suited to what i'm after i don't think? I want something easy to set up and pack up to stay very mobile. a six piece rod sounds like a bit of a comuckus. 

Completely not against cheap. But 5 or 6 piece rods aren't really suited to what i'm after i don't think? I want something easy to set up and pack up to stay very mobile. a six piece rod sounds like a bit of a comuckus.

True but then a 2 bit rod might not be so easy to strap to a crossbar . I mean , it'll fit , but you wont wanna risk chaffing it with ter bicycle clips or something :)

Is it a proper carp set up you want mate ? Smufter would recommend his 10ft outkasts ?

At least i think they're 10ft ( he says not sure now doh !) i hear the wychwood extricators are good business too :wink:

Edited by newmarket

True but then a 2 bit rod might not be so easy to strap to a crossbar . I mean , it'll fit , but you wont wanna risk chaffing it with ter bicycle clips or something :)

Is it a proper carp set up you want mate ? Smufter would recommend his 10ft outkasts ?

At least i think they're 10ft ( he says not sure now doh !) i hear the wychwood extricators are good business too :wink:

TBH i was more thinking of carrying them in a rod bag on my back?

My Outkasts are 11' NM.

Great rods

:wink:

i'm looking to build up a small set up to put on a push bike for next year. Something small and cheap. Nash Dwarfs fit the bill, mainly because they fold up small and have a matching rod bag avaliable, but hear bad things about them snapping? Reels must be front drag and non baitrunner, would consider something old/vintage. Ideas?

would ask the neighbour about a small set up but he said something about the police last time :mrgreen: