Carp fishing charity

bigd26

Yeah good idea Dion , nobody ever does anything for charity on 'ere .... Specially in the Midlands :) :) :):wink:

Funny how things grow from little acorns eh ?

My original quote above was a poor attempt at sarcasm in the light of Gary's very recent SANDS charity rig thingy that was auctioned off on Ebay.

However , anything organized for charity , ANY charity , is always a good thing in my eyes so good luck Dion .

Due to transport issues there will be about a 0.5% chance of my actually attending but anything that i can do in support , i will be delighted to :wink:

Good idea this, but can the charity of choice be open for discussion? I

that's not a bad suggestion milkie, there are actually a lot of other deserving charities out there that dont get the publicity like C.I.N. nor the funding either.

there are also a lot of smaller charities with less money grabbing administration so more goes to the intended target.

trouble is, the list seems endless :/

Funny how things grow from little acorns eh ?

My original quote above was a poor attempt at sarcasm in the light of Gary's very recent SANDS charity rig thingy that was auctioned off on Ebay.

However , anything organized for charity , ANY charity , is always a good thing in my eyes so good luck Dion .

Due to transport issues there will be about a 0.5% chance of my actually attending but anything that i can do in support , i will be delighted to :wink:

i would quite happily arrange transport for you old pal, bus fare shouldn't cost that much :wink:

nah, im sure if we get anyone else from your neck of the world interested we can get a car share going.

just had a good look on google earth, taking grays as one extreme and telford as the other (used as a north and south extreme as they are two hometowns for known members) somewhere around Oxford would be a fair place to start.

it is also about two hours from myself which is a distance i would quite happily travel for a good sesh and get together :lol:

Lot of hard overfished day tickets in the oxford area too .

Would be nice ( for everyone involved ) if it were a small intimate water where catching a few carp was guarenteed for the benefit of the chosen charity .

Now if we were talking ESSEX then that could be arranged .:)

Oh and by the way its as difficult for me to get to where i have in mind as it is for me to get to oxford or birmingham . Honest .

cotswold water park has over 70 fishing lakes with a total surface area of 40 miles. it is also the start of the catchment area for the river thames.

i used to fish whelford lakes, got shop, bogs and showers. has chalets for anyone that needs em at a reasonable rate too. over 800 carp from low doubles to upper 30s.

good place to start :wink:

Twenty of us at work are in the process of booking a lake for two days in May. It's going to cost £1000. We will donate to Help for heroes including having an organized collection at work.

We did it last June at Blakemere in Shropshire. A few more carp anglers showed interest so we have booked a bigger lake this time.

I would be interested in being involved with a charity fish in for the forum, work permitting. If I couldn't attend I would be willing to make a donation anyway.