Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
newmarket

Maggots !

Hi fellas , now , Maggots . There is no way on gods earth that my old woman isnt going to do her nut if and when she finds Maggots in the fridge so im not going to waste my breath broaching the subject .

Its been quite a while since i used em so , now its getting a bit chillier weatherwise , how long will they survive in my shed before they turn and is there any tips out there on how to maybe prolong their life cycle ?

Thanking you all in advance :wink:

I know you said your not going to waist your time broaching it but....

I have a couple dozen in my fridge they seem to keep for a couple weeks.I do alot of pan fishing on the ice in the winter months so I will get a few dozen a week and pop them in the fridge when I'm storing them.They got to stay cold. Maybe get a mini fridge in the shed or someplace else in your house.Might have to bribe the girl a little bit to get things rolling.

I appreciate the help Jeremy i really do but she is THE most unreasonable creature imaginable .

The last time i cut the potatos too " small " she wanted me out of the house again so yeh , im going to save my breath .

My son needs me :)

dont know what the weather is like dahn sarf but in the midlands i would look at a week this weather.

easiest is in plenty of bran in a loose carrier bag in a carrier bag hanging on a hook outside the shed :wink:

edit,, even if they start to turn you got a week of casters too :lol:

Edited by cyborx

dont know what the weather is like dahn sarf but in the midlands i would look at a week this weather.

easiest is in plenty of bran in a loose carrier bag in a carrier bag hanging on a hook outside the shed :wink:

edit,, even if they start to turn you got a week of casters too :lol:

Thanks Jon thats more than enough time mate manythanks

I'd say a week, providing you got them when the shop got a fresh delivery

Would she notice if you put them in the freezer? You can freeze them for 24 hours and then defrost them, they will come back to life. This will get you another few days.

Edited by dalthegooner

Yeh mate i could probably get em in the freezer , its getting em out again :)

She wont go near my bait freezer :wink:

The plan will be to buy em on a monday to use on a friday or vice versa , i just wanted to make sure i wasnt going to go in the shed & get Buzzbombed :) :) :)