Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
phil dalts

Fishing tomorrow night -1c!!!!

Right I'm off work tomorrow to do my last 48hr sesh of this year,need help of where to go.

I'm meant to be fishing with a mate but he cant go now-typical!!

I've got a couple of choices really,one lakes a good 45mins away but I've got permission from owner to fish it(syndicate),trouble being I've never clapped eyes on the place or I have a crack at the pretty hard lake I've mentioned here before,only down the road from me,got confidence I my bait and rigs, just need some help, where oh where to go???

Personally I would pick somewhere you know this time of year. It's gonna be quite hard fishing so you want to give yourself every chance of catching. That said, if now is the only chance you're going to get of fishing the syndi maybe plump for that,

Not much use am I !!!!

I'd jump on the syndicate if I was you mate. Or were ever is closet to home!!

And as the boys say keep warm and wrapped up and get on the soups.

The Heinz ones as dalthegooner says above there just like out the tin

And will keep you going in the tough conditions.

Winter fishing is a big no no for me now I've learnt the hard way lol !!

My bones can take the cold anymore I'm dreaming of them long summer nights already!!

No fish and cold weather make me angry !! :)

for me its a case of as long as you got a bait in the water then you got a chance. keep your eyes peeled and listen out for fish crashing during the hours of darkness, these could be the only clue your get to there whereabouts. with all the high tec clothing, sleeping bags, beds with thick matresses on them etc there is no need to be cold at this time of year.  winter fishing does take dedication mind you and for me unless your going to a known winter water then a prebaiting plan should of been put to work back in september or october at the latest. hope you get lucky

like the prebaiting advice emcee, never can understand people who don't, massively increases your chances.

We've had this conversation a couple of times mate .

There is no big secret that prebaiting is a key factor which will help you catch fish , everbody knows it and im sure that if they could , then they would .

Whether it be time ( target water too far away) or finances who knows but if any Carp fisherman does NOT prebait then there is a good reason for it .

Personally , as you know , my enforced winter sabbatical isnt through choice but when i went outside to let the chickens out this morning it was bloody cold and im beginning to think that this winter break might not be such a bad idea :)

I turned up later than expected, had a walk round with the owner,he put me on what's the most productive swim,shanes point, it's a nice looking swim, huge island to the right, open water to the left with a bar running parallel straight out, I decided on a snowman rig standard bottom rig and a multi rig pop up, put the snowman rig out 60 yrds tight to island,depth bout 8ft,then put around 100 freebies on it,other rig placed on or around bar with 50 freebies, as the day turned into night nothing showed and the wind picked up and the temperature dropped,Christ did it get cold quick!!.

I was having doubts as the wind was hacking into the island,so I left the island rod where it was due to the fact it was tight up against it(lucky cast), re did the pop up and got me head down bout 10pm, I awoke to hear my alarm screaming at me,me being 6ft 4 had a interesting time clambering out of my brolly got to the rod and it was still going! Nice common,first fish out of unknown lake

Nice one mate , was it the island rod or the bar ?

I'm surprised you put that much bait out but it worked didnt it so just goes to show doesnt it :)

Did you top up the freebies after the capture ?

Island rod went, think the colds really slowed em down, yeah I put out another 3 full catapults worth

Do you think you have found their winter hiding place Phil or do they tend to get caught there all the time ?

One more fish from that spot would help for sure .