Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Scouse John

Hopes Targets and dreams for your fishing in 2015.

Good luck on your quests next year lads. As for big perch I've got a local commercial water with some beasts in it. I've had a 4lber out of there. Also the owner said there is bigger than the one I caught. I was fishing in the margins about a rod length out 6lb line straight through to a size 6 hook and 2 prawns on it. I was fishing for carp but caught the perch. My bottle went when I seen it, I was shaking, i could only take a quick pic of the biggest perch I've ever seen in the landing net because I was on my own and the only person on my side of the lake. I've got a pic on my laptop so I'll work out how to post pics on here and I will upload it on here. Billing aquadrome looks a lovely place I was looking at it on maps before,Ariel view shots are awesome on iPhone,showing all the bars etc, I learn a lot off these maps as when the water is clear you can see all the features. Gives you a general idea of were to fish to.

well for me my target for 2015 is the same target ive had for about 5yrs now and thats to net my last 2 targets from my syndicate lake, both mid to upper 40's that have so far eluded me. then again that could change if i bank them before the end of 2014, please santa, please, ive been a good boy, more or less :twisted:  :wink:

well for me my target for 2015 is the same target ive had for about 5yrs now and thats to net my last 2 targets from my syndicate lake, both mid to upper 40's that have so far eluded me. then again that could change if i bank them before the end of 2014, please santa, please, ive been a good boy, more or less :twisted:  :wink:

Now that's a target emmcee!! Good luck with that one mate. I've been a good boy this year aswell lol!! :)

Was reading before about the lakes you have mentioned CM. Some saying bad things about them and the bailiffs on there but most probably the usual sour grapes from people who have been told off or people who don't deserve to fish such waters. You get that everywhere mate tho don't you. Wish we had lakes like you have around your area,by me up north because they are all rubbish and have the usual Argos numptys on them who just spoil it for everyone else mostly leaving all there rubbish behind but I have seen this on almost every lake I fish up and down the country. Very rarely I'll fish up these ways nowadays,I'm always down south (mainly Oxford) travelling hours on end mostly blanking lol!! But it still doesn't stop me doing something I love. Blanks are part and parcel of fishing well my fishing anyway, but I learn something every time to hopefully use to my advantage the next time I'm on the bank. :wink:

According to those threads, they were imported from Holland, Poland does have an area of that name, so does Spain, the reason I firmly believed there was an Italian connection was the original name of Clarissa, Ravioli.

Okey cokey,

Galicia is an area in Poland, (and also an area in Spain of the same spelling) and Donald Leney of the Surrey Trout Farm imported those fish from a fish farm in Holland or The Netherlands, so I can only assume the Dutch went and chose the fish from Poland in the first place.

This is where I think Frank is better qualified than me, the Galician strain of carp are a known strain, and gave the whole strain, whereas the Leney carp are a sub strain from those original Galicians

There are other strains, some of which I think are extinct, or mixed in, so are no longer a valid strain

The Royale, chosen and bred by a French king.

The Ropsha

Italian

Aischgrund

Dinkelsbuehl

Frame carp

As always my aims are to fish as much as I can, and to enjoy my fishing.

I care about beating my PB, but I'm never in a hurry, my aim is more to get back onto Nazeing which now hopefully with a car, and two days off together I'm hoping will happen.

I hope to spend a bit more time next year on my syndicate water . It operates a closed season , so it'll be imperative that I get there for a couple of nights at the start. I didn't start on there this year until

mid July. Being a new member, I left the others to it and worked my way in slowly.

There are some lovely old ,dark fish in there, stocked in the early 70s. There's quite a bit of mystery surrounding it, which is good in this day and age. It's also a very tricky water, gin clear, weedy and very very rich in naturals. Not many carp in either, so it's a challenge to say the least.

I might go on there a couple of times at the back end of winter, mainly to get reacquainted and get some serious plumbing done. But having said that it'll be hard to get off a club water that tends to fish very well at the same time.

My job isn't very angling friendly, fixed holidays apart from 9 floaters. So juggling time off, using them wisely is a must. There also a chance of a change in shift patterns this year , so this makes planning ahead quite difficult.

I'm also in a local club that's got an absolutely stunning estate lake in Cheshire. It's a 15 minute journey for me to get there and days only. This place has no close season, so I'll be venturing on there from time to time in the spring , until late May.

Edited by hawkman

I hope to spend a bit more time next year on my syndicate water . It operates a closed season , so it'll be imperative that I get there for a couple of nights at the start. I didn't start on there this year until

mid July. Being a new member, I left the others to it and worked my way in slowly.

There are some lovely old ,dark fish in there, stocked in the early 70s. There's quite a bit of mystery surrounding it, which is good in this day and age. It's also a very tricky water, gin clear, weedy and very very rich in naturals. Not many carp in either, so it's a challenge to say the least.

I might go on there a couple of times at the back end of winter, mainly to get reacquainted and get some serious plumbing done. But having said that it'll be hard to get off a club water that tends to fish very well at the same time.

My job isn't very angling friendly, fixed holidays apart from 9 floaters. So juggling time off, using them wisely is a must. There also a chance of a change in shift patterns this year , so this makes planning ahead quite difficult.

I'm also in a local club that's got an absolutely stunning estate lake in Cheshire. It's a 15 minute journey for me to get there and days only. This place has no close season, so I'll be venturing on there from time to time in the spring , until late May.

Is it a Shropshire mere by any chance the syndicate your on?

Hopes = otters don't return to a local lake that the owner seems to have no interest in putting a fence around, yet moans to me about the problem every time I'm there.

Targets = to beat my current pb.....with a real carp. Not some obese looking super strain.

Dreams = to finally get on a syndicate. For the Mrs to understand why I do it :)

Okey cokey,

Galicia is an area in Poland, (and also an area in Spain of the same spelling) and Donald Leney of the Surrey Trout Farm imported those fish from a fish farm in Holland or The Netherlands, so I can only assume the Dutch went and chose the fish from Poland in the first place.

This is where I think Frank is better qualified than me, the Galician strain of carp are a known strain, and gave the whole strain, whereas the Leney carp are a sub strain from those original Galicians

There are other strains, some of which I think are extinct, or mixed in, so are no longer a valid strain

The Royale, chosen and bred by a French king.

The Ropsha

Italian

Aischgrund

Dinkelsbuehl

Frame carp

As always my aims are to fish as much as I can, and to enjoy my fishing.

I care about beating my PB, but I'm never in a hurry, my aim is more to get back onto Nazeing which now hopefully with a car, and two days off together I'm hoping will happen.

There seems to be some confusion about strains of carp in the uk and all sorts about Leneys.

Galician Carp were bred in an area that is now southern Poland.

The fish Donald Leney imported into the UK pre ww2 from Holland, were a cross of Galacian and at least 1 other race/strain, I have been piping on about this for some years and I beleave Kevin clifford came to the same conclusion.

After WW2 it became increasingly difficult for Donald to get the same stamp of fish and in the end the farm he visited stopped trading, so he bought fish from other parts of Europe.

Yes Nick, but according to legend and other sources, Clarissa, AKA, Ravioli, the original name, was imported from Italy, and unless my memory is playing tricks Chris Yeats mentions that in a Passion for Angling.

Clarissa was named such by the people in London where she was kept till she died.

Ravioli was the pet name that R Walker and friends used for the fish whilst it was still free, the name came from Richards favorate food on the bank, tinned Ravioli.

The Fish concerned was either one of the first batch stocked into Berniethen pool in 1934 or more likely one of the succesfull spawnings that took place a couple of years later. The original stocking was of fish supplied by Donald Leney from a fish farm in Holland.

I am uncertain where you get the Italy from but I can hazzard a guess: when Donald could no longer get the fish he required, he went elsewhere to purchace fish and he bought fish from Italy amoungst others.

However this opens up another can of worms, because the fish he purchased in Italy were no more Italian than I.

Hope this helps