Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
boater

what would you stock your own syndicate with?

Youve just aquired a 10 acre established pool with all the features, lillys an island and a few gravel bars.

theres no fish of interest apart from a few roach and bleak size of your finger.

what would you stock it with?

Wouldnt you need a predator or 2? Otherwise they could get stunted and any dead ones would affect the PH

Predators like pike etc are not going to eat a rotting carp. Not will a rotting fish in 10 acres of water make a dent in the nitrate levels. If you have more than 1 rotting fish, you have other problems! Pike will keep levels of smaller fish under controll, but they add massively to the bio load of the water if in large numbers.

bream really i hate snotters

about 10 years ago I caught a 12lb bream at about 3am, weighed it but, I was so annoyed as it had took about 8 casts to get where I wanted, I didnt realise how big that was, a pb, landed it in 3 seconds, not a bad bream.

In my syndicate I would have to have a mix though, the odd surprise, one fat 30lb pike to keep the littluns down

16 carp weighing 40lb 

30 carp up to 35lb

140 carp up to 25lb

180 carp up to 20lb

300 carp up to 15lb

500 bream up to 10lb

300 tench up to 12lb

not only would this cost a fortune ,but the biomass would be far to big and all the fish you had just paid a shed load of money for would lose condition and weight sharpish.

Think I would go down milky's root :wink:

16 carp weighing 40lb

30 carp up to 35lb

140 carp up to 25lb

180 carp up to 20lb

300 carp up to 15lb

500 bream up to 10lb

300 tench up to 12lb

According to an online calculator, the value these carp alone is just under quarter of a million pounds. Have to charge a lot to your syndicate members for that one!

First thing on the agenda would be the mother of all otter fences. I would then seek advice on how to maintain an healthy, balanced ecosystem.

I would have a mixture of different strains of carp, nothing going in over 15lb and no more than 60 of them.

Not if you get the stock from legit fish farms mate , they are all checked and given the all clear before they can sell fish .

I was under the impression certain strains could carry diseases that they were immune too. Don't know where i got that 'fact' from probably a load of coblers!

To be honest milky I think your correct in saying that , what some fish are immune to others won't be, which to me is another good reason for getting the mixed blood lines in early and they can grow there immunity together.

And also you don't have the risk of having to add a different strain of carp decades on when your stock are far more valuable to you and great big stunners.... what do you think ?