Day ticket at Swangey Lakes - A new personal best

I had never been to swangey before. We fished 'Main Lake', lots of gravel bars, a large island littered with snags and a no fishing zone at one end. The owner has also bought a Carp Cradle for each swim, That's a nice touch!

Any who, after sitting there for 6.5 hours we hadn't had so much as a bleep and decided to move. To a calm spot behind the island, I sent a choddy to the far margin and a blowback with some corn just off the island.Left these out for sometime and had a few liners on the choddy.

The gates are locked at 5 so at 20 too we decided to start packing up. My rod suddenly started screaming, I picked it up and could tell it was bigger than anything I'd had to date.

After trying to snag me up on several occasions and a 10 minute battle (it fought like a beast, stripping line off of my reels) in the dark I finally managed to land it.A prestine 24.5lb common!! My previous PB was a 7.5lb ghostie from taswoods runs lake!

I had blanked for the last 3 weeks in a row (day ticket every Sunday usually), this has restored some confidence!

One very happy angler.

I had never been to swangey before. We fished 'Main Lake', lots of gravel bars, a large island littered with snags and a no fishing zone at one end. The owner has also bought a Carp Cradle for each swim, That's a nice touch!

Any who, after sitting there for 6.5 hours we hadn't had so much as a bleep and decided to move. To a calm spot behind the island, I sent a choddy to the far margin and a blowback with some corn just off the island.Left these out for sometime and had a few liners on the choddy.

The gates are locked at 5 so at 20 too we decided to start packing up. My rod suddenly started screaming, I picked it up and could tell it was bigger than anything I'd had to date.

After trying to snag me up on several occasions and a 10 minute battle (it fought like a beast, stripping line off of my reels) in the dark I finally managed to land it.A prestine 24.5lb common!! My previous PB was a 7.5lb ghostie from taswoods runs lake!

I had blanked for the last 3 weeks in a row (day ticket every Sunday usually), this has restored some confidence!

One very happy angler.

nice one Oli well done matey , which rod produced the fish ?

Nice looking fish bud, they do have some monsters in there. The cat fish go very very big.

Hey Gavin!

I had a look on there Facebook page this afternoon, there was a picture of a giant catfish that supposedly weighed 105lb!!!!

Imagine fishing for a carp and hooking into one of those big ugly creatures! I'd probably cry if I saw something like that and I had to land it alone!

Ahh I didn't walk around the whole complex as we wanted to maximise time.on the bank.

Is it just pike and cats in the other lake? Have never fished for either!

Yeah, that's what my friend was saying. Luckily when we were down there, there was only 1 other angler on the lake!

Yeah hopefully so! Would good to meet a few of you Carpers. Ill be the fellow in the stupid "plum"(pink) hat haha [emoji23]