Anyone used either superbait

ianain

Just wondered if anyone had used either of the superbaits which are being talked about.

I realise one is not available yet, but samples have been sent out as prizes and the other he keeps running out of stock according to his facemush page.

One claims to be cultured and one claims to be cured.

Just wanted an honest opinion.

Yes mate, the key is cultured and the £40 is cured (haven't seen a name for it) his facebush page (£40) says he's run out and is coming up with something new soon, I think he 'decided' to only supply them as hook baits though, £10 per pot; still can't decide if it's just a wind up though.

Nash's are due out proper the end of the month for the feed so strictly speaking I'm talking waffle again, and the hookers at the end of March.

I don't doubt Nash's claims (my own opinion even though I've taken the rise and am therefore two faced), but the other stuff (£10 pot) looked to contain 'good stuff' and now it is not talked about; I don't use many boilies so halving what I use will last 10 years :lol: But if they are that good I may convert

As said though would like honest opinions preferably based on use.

Edited by ianain

I'm not so sure that you wouldn't need so many; it doesn't add up in my mind, I would think you need to use something else along with the super hook bait, the quay is a two componant bait - feed and hook bait and there are a few types, Gnashy says there are ones for the smaller fish and ones for the larger ones (they seem to pick out the xxx I should say)

I'm sure when the £40ers were first talked about (on bace[censored]) he said they were cultured (they had sugars and aminos growing on the outside broken down by enzymes)

Anyhow, discussion is one thing and usage is another.

No No and No. Its all just nonsense. Location location location. 

I'm not arguing that point milky and you are quite correct, but once you've chosen your location you need to decide what colour to paint the walls (which wallpaper to have) and what chime your doorbell (or knocker) will have.

There defonately no such thing as a wonder bait. If people are not happy with the resalts they are getting changeing boilies to these so called wonder baits wont fix things. What may turn things round for these anglers that struggle is effort and been realistic as many become dissilutioned threw reading mags and watching fishing programmes.

Getting,up at 4am and watching the lake instead of getting up

at 9 or 10am. Moveing on to fish and spending time finding fish instead of camping behind 3 rods , pre baiting between sessions, stalking and generally working hard to make things happen. Consistant angling can not brought no matter how much your willing to pay for a kilo of boilies. Its been said location is the real Key. Its just down to the angler to put the effort in. Its all about been inright place at the right time good anglers have the ability to put themselvs in that right place at the right time consistanty doesnt really matter what flavour your bait is if you in the right place at the right time. Does it?

I've said it elsewhere, the thing that sells a bait is catch reports. I think Nash has been behind the curve and Sticky baits and Mainline do a terrific job at getting fish caught on their baits in the magazine. In conjunction with the launch of their new baits Nash are also allowing customers to post to their website. So I think you may in conjunction with the launch see more fish being caught on their baits. This will help change peoples perception rightly or wrongly that these baits are better. That's if it's done right.

Generally as with most sports equipment etc is linked to successful people and used to sell it to the masses but it's hard work that gets you results. One thing I'm always reminded when talking about what you want to achieve is are you willing to go through the pain and challenges to make that goal real. Most people aren't and so look to buy their way to success or shortcuts. People who are succesful work hard, make sacrifices but they're hungry for what they want. That's what separates them.

I'm not disagreeing, all I wanted to know was if someone had actually looked further and ordered or acquired some of the super baits and used them.

Semolina, soya, milk, fish, bird food etc.. all had their 15 minutes of fame and were crazy impossible baits at the time and quite probably thought of with as much disdain arguments over price and viability, the pioneers of fishing didn't give a hoot and carried on catching.

I believe a change in bait can give you a bite when all else is failing, doesn't mean I believe in what's been said; I have my own mind and experience to call upon.

Maybe if someone has bought some they're concerned over admitting it or keeping it to themselves.

I'm still un-convinced the £40 boilie is real.

Good post Liam, agree cm. Although I find myself feeling a tad hypocritical given I'm sat on the bank of a runs water. A couple of the fish I've had today have been in a really sad state. One completely missing a gill flap (but this could be birth defects?) , one had a stump for a pectoral. Morally I don't think I can continue to come fishing these kind of lakes because the poor fish are clearly getting a battering :(

Realistic point of view Androo, as Liam says a lot of factors need to be taken into consideration, is it the path to success for lazy , clueless campers or is it the appliance of science, our technology possibly will not fool the fish or maybe it will, unfortunately I believe modern day carp fishing is ruining old inherited angling skills, the hunter instinct is turned over to the chemist in hope of some meaningless picture to stick in a magazine read by wannabees, and promoting the chemical brothers who run bait companies. Overweight fast growing carp with a short lifespan, there for our pleasure and some campers ego rather than wild creatures captured for that moment of enjoyment, very sad. However I will still see what its all about, with all the usual hopes and expectations of the angler, selfish and pointless or not.

CM this is a general observation on life. People want everything handed to them. Marketing and governments do a great job at disempowering people and not having them take responsibility for their own results.

Succesful people have a trait, they are willing to put themselves on the line and make huge sacrifices to be succesful. Look at someone like Beckham no doubt gifted but he worked incredibly hard to become what he has. Staying behind at training to work for hours on free kicks, whilst others went and enjoyed themselves. Adidas take that hard work and try to instill the idea it's his boots or his kit that makes him succesful. We're told people from poor background aren't given the opportunities others are. Look at someone like Alan Sugar, he made it happen from himself.

let's say you have a goal to catch a river 40. Some people will look at the easy option, bait, rigs, equipment. There will be a small few who will go down everyday to pre-bait...spend hours walking the banks looking for signs of where they may be holed up.

With most things your own hunger and determination are a critical factor in your success or lack of.

Some very good points here guy's as there really is no substitute for hard work as we all know if we looked deeper at the detail....and then you can analyze the "super bait" and rigs....

And Ddgx has made me realize that when I made the decision to fish rivers for 95% of my carp fishing it was the best thing I did as I spent many years match fishing for battered old carp in muddy puddles week in and week out that did not even look like carp and in the end made feel that this is just a money making venture for a lot more fishery owners than I can I care to remember and not done with the passion it needs or deserves....so no runs waters for me lads. I'm not saying all are like this as we know there are some awesome waters available which are ran by very responsible clubs and owners, but it is food for thought on what we are actually creating??

Exactly. I had a good day in as much as I caught fish, most were in fine condition, but I didn't feel like I'd achieved something special. Of course not. But, you're basically complicit in sustaining that industry every time you turn up and pay your money right? It also loops right back around to the argument about what makes a good angler? Example, a friend shows me a guys Facebook page with him holding a near on 40lb fish. Good for him, and wow, didn't realise he was a decent fisherman. I look a bit more into it, and turns out it's a very exclusive syndicate which someone on another forum described as 'a pot noodle anglers dream'. Which I took to mean it is well stocked, and provided you can get on the list and pay your £500-£1000 or whatever the membership is, there are very good odds you're going to join the 30/40/50lb club. I try not to be a snob or purist about it, but that doesn't earn you the same respect in my book.

Exactly. I had a good day in as much as I caught fish, most were in fine condition, but I didn't feel like I'd achieved something special. Of course not. But, you're basically complicit in sustaining that industry every time you turn up and pay your money right? It also loops right back around to the argument about what makes a good angler? Example, a friend shows me a guys Facebook page with him holding a near on 40lb fish. Good for him, and wow, didn't realise he was a decent fisherman. I look a bit more into it, and turns out it's a very exclusive syndicate which someone on another forum described as 'a pot noodle anglers dream'. Which I took to mean it is well stocked, and provided you can get on the list and pay your £500-£1000 or whatever the membership is, there are very good odds you're going to join the 30/40/50lb club. I try not to be a snob or purist about it, but that doesn't earn you the same respect in my book.

so if your mate has caught a near 40 from an exclusive syndicate why does that not earn respect from you? you can only catch whats in front of you after all. he may of angled very well to catch it. stalked it, moved to catch it etc. all good angling in my book. there are some exclusive syndicates like this for sure but there are also anglers that fish them that struggle to catch, so just maybe your friend has done ok for himself. just an example like :wink:

you can only catch whats in front of you after all.

but that's exactly my point, rightly or wrongly it seems at least to me that "what's in front of you" depends on what you can afford as an annual membership?

I'm not going to say that's not "fair", because if you have that money available then good for you, you may well have worked hard to earn it, and you spend it as you wish. If it's just a question about; is any given person a competent, consistent, considerate..."good" (and people's definition of that varies) angler, just because you can bag a 30 or 40 on that kind of water, (doesn't mean you aren't a good angler) but doesn't necessarily mean you are....I don't know if that even makes sense anymore? lol

With an example, do we agree that a 'runs water' is named as such because you have a good chance of getting a tight line? If yes, then why? Because there are loads of fish right? Then the same rules apply to some (but not all) syndicates, more fish = greater odds of a catch, and it just so happens that some syndicates have lots of big fish stocked, and a price tag to match?

By the way he's not my mate, he caught a nearly 40lb fish, I hate him hahaha!

It's fact you can only catch what's in front of you. It's not about lbs and ozs for me as much the age and the history of the lake and fish of coarse I want to catch a bigun but looks and history are what it's about . Anybody can catch a 30lb or 40 lb fish these days but a lot of them are wronguns.

If you put some effort in to find lakes and prepared to make your own footprints instead of following others there some big special carp to be caught on the cheap or even free up and down the country. With Google earth even finding potential lakes is much easier these days. I've got one very special water I fish for free yet if had to I'd pay 500 plus a year to fish it. and not only is it free I'm the only person who fishes it.

I'm always hearing about how exclusive some syndicates are yet when you ask how long they have been on waiting list 9 times out of ten they ain't even bother to put there name on it.Decent Syndicates are much cheaper than decent day tickets if you can fish it regular. Plus you haven't got to cue up for a swim.

Well, I can't seem to find out much about £40, he seems to have upset someone and the facialbook. His page is gone so it must have been bad. Can't claim to be good or interested in the farcical media though so maybe some one can shed some light on what's going on?

• 4 weeks later...

4G adds a very special salt fortified with vitamins and minerals

Is that possible?

TG Includes over 40 spices and a dozen essential oils...

really?

Key Frozen format only (lss) It continues to change all the time.

So a cell by and use by date will be printed on it then?

6 years in development, some ingredients take up to 2 months to get right (mature) before inclusion.

Glad I'm not the production planner.

More crystal balls please. Could be the next bait, transparent so they can't spook off it!

4G adds a very special salt fortified with vitamins and minerals

Is that possible?

TG Includes over 40 spices and a dozen essential oils...

really?

Key Frozen format only (lss) It continues to change all the time.

So a cell by and use by date will be printed on it then?

6 years in development, some ingredients take up to 2 months to get right (mature) before inclusion.

Glad I'm not the production planner.

More crystal balls please. Could be the next bait, transparent so they can't spook off it!

Is this Nashy talking boilies again? :)