Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rosstheangler

Anyone angling this weekend?

1,409 posts in this topic

Sorted all my gear out this morning for an overnight carp session with Sky on Nazeing.

Drove the 70 odd miles there, to discover the Lagoons were frozen over, a full lid on them, and a tiny ice free patch on Brackens in car corner that looks like it was starting to freeze over.

Oh well it looks like a pike trip to Causeway again tomorrow!

I feel your pain mate, I have driven round 6 different places today to try and find somewhere without a lid, left home at half six to find my local nemesis frozen over, came home chilled out for a couple of hours then got the Mrs and daughter ready...went round the shops for a couple of hours then went lake hunting... every single one I went to had a lid [emoji17] but on a good not I found this beauty that's on my club ticket............11a0c9c64f3f7b82599c4c5aea54dcc3.jpg

All three in this pic are on the ticket...the biggest is the one above 70dfbb44355ef073c1ed9905364d2f90.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by spr1985
yonny likes this

I feel your pain mate, I have driven round 6 different places today to try and find somewhere without a lid, left home at half six to find my local nemesis frozen over, came home chilled out for a couple of hours then got the Mrs and daughter ready...went round the shops for a couple of hours then went lake hunting... every single one I went to had a lid [emoji17] but on a good not I found this beauty that's on my club ticket............11a0c9c64f3f7b82599c4c5aea54dcc3.jpg

All three in this pic are on the ticket...the biggest is the one above 70dfbb44355ef073c1ed9905364d2f90.png

Amateur mistake, ring round like i did, then turn up to a lake which was half frozen yesterday to find it frozen completely!7547c16eb55e1b8912bc9400d41867e2.jpg plus side, shiny new reels got an outing! Just flicked em outdef7dec9a9ede1c91db1aebafcf9e256.jpg

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

yonny likes this

lol I couldn't be bothered with making phone calls mate and it got me out the house for a few hours and if I hadn't gone wouldn't have found those gems [emoji6] I also went to the tackle shop.... see newest purchase in a few mins for more of my orange fetish [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Nice reels [emoji1305]

Edited by spr1985

Sadly, I don't have phone at moment, my mobile or charger field this week, and I do tend to be on my own on Nazeing anyway.

I've always done my own thing unless I needed pics from a mate as I prefer to do my own work finding out about the lake.

I've seen the forecast for tonight and tomorrow for Causeway and a pike trip, and I'm starting to worry about that as well. I am not too sure about the river as I know the areas which I fished a few years ago aren't giving up big pike at the moment

Amateur mistake, ring round like i did, then turn up to a lake which was half frozen yesterday to find it frozen completely!7547c16eb55e1b8912bc9400d41867e2.jpg plus side, shiny new reels got an outing! Just flicked em outdef7dec9a9ede1c91db1aebafcf9e256.jpg

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

lol I couldn't be bothered with making phone calls mate and it got me out the house for a few hours and if I hadn't gone wouldn't have found those gems [emoji6] I also went to the tackle shop.... see newest purchase in a few mins for more of my orange fetish [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Nice reels [emoji1305]

On the river now :) it's a bit fresh but it seems like it's gonna be a nice day lol

I came down the lake yesterday and went out in the boat to break the ice. Got down this morning and it's stayed clear so the rods are out. It's snowing and it's sticking. Fingers crossed for a chance!

Started getting busy with dog walkers so called it a day, caught nothing but a wetwipe lol. Hopefully get to a runs water next weekend, I could really do with a bend in the rod :(

Going tomorrow.

Went down a couple of hours ago and there are 2 swims that are fish able.

Hopefully nobody will be in them in the morning.

So looking at the last few posts we're all completely nuts :P

I'm on the syndi this weekend. Hope it's defrosted by then, currently solid!

So looking at the last few posts we're all completely nuts :P

I'm on the syndi this weekend. Hope it's defrosted by then, currently solid!

We've had a little bit of a thaw today.

It's the first time in days the grass in my garden hasn't been frozen solid all day.

Mind you we are supposed to get freezing fog tonight so could go messed up by tomorrow.

Was turning back to liquid until today; with savage temps outside everything in the Nene Valley is solid again.

Temps on the up tomoz and rain at the weekend. Just a question of whether it'll melt in time for me to get some angling in....

muftyboy likes this

Had to cancel my planned trip on Wednesday as the lake still had a lid on it.

Absolutely desperate to get out and give my new rods a bash.

Have booked up a double swim for next Friday as my daughter wants to come along and visit the lake for the 1st time.

Fingers crossed the weather gets a little "milder" in time.

David_Ridgers likes this

Two on the bank so far nothing big though.

Priming the spots yesterday seems to have worked again, with the two bites coming pretty quick after the first casts of the day .

20170129_103812_zpshodtpeye.jpg

muftyboy, Ddgx and spr1985 like this

I've been at the lake all morning waiting for it to thaw enough to cast out. Given up and come home!

Well in Phil

Gutting Nige :(

Probably as gutting as losing that biggun .... then the next fish possibly being the smallest carp I've caught in donkeys apart from the farm pond with my boy .

If it went 2lb I would of been surprised..... :lol:

Going to have to change my name to stockie slayer at this rate . :)

Just baiting up with a fresh stick after another common

20170129_124240_zpshjezagwe.jpg

And my margin rod swings round off my alarm , shoot out the brolly hit into it & it spits the hook , yet another better fish lost !!! Turn round & my pva mesh roll is busy melting in the rain from where I shot out the brolly oh the joys :lol:

spr1985 likes this

Just baiting up with a fresh stick after another common 20170129_124240_zpshjezagwe.jpg

And my margin rod swings round off my alarm , shoot out the brolly hit into it & it spits the hook , yet another better fish lost !!! Turn round & my pva mesh roll is busy melting in the rain from where I shot out the brolly oh the joys :lol:

So now's not the time to ask how your Rig Marole line is performing then Chill ? .

Edited by crusian

Two on the bank so far nothing big though.

Priming the spots yesterday seems to have worked again, with the two bites coming pretty quick after the first casts of the day .

20170129_103812_zpshodtpeye.jpg

thats a lovely looking fish , a few years on and what a cracker it will be

dave  

Couldn't get out this weekend but hopefully gonna do 2 day sessions on the canal next weekend. Its 6 miles of water and pretty much no features along the banks. No over hanging trees or anything, just each bank lined with reeds all the way along, so don't really know where to start. There's a lock at each end, so maybe try one of them? I don't really know lol.

From previous readings, look for slack water areas, moored up boats and bridges good luck with the hunt [emoji476]