Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rosstheangler

Anyone angling this weekend?

1,419 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, smufter said:

Just checking it worked (our swim on Friday).....

16473272_10212106517680459_4737074556438098727_n.jpg

Hi Rob

Lovely colours .

Is that your Collie ? , if it is I don't think you and Nick really need bite alarms your dogs will alert you to any activity in double quick time .

:)

salokcinnodrog likes this

I have Interax's problem on work PC, so I can't like Smufter's photo at the moment, and pick up quotes from previous pages. but I really do love that picture.

Last few times I have been, Sky wouldn't have known what the buzzer sounding is; it hasn't happened for a long time :(

I got into work, and put an Oval Brolly and overwrap aside to pay for later in the day, and I think it might get used next weekend, as I seem to have Saturday and Sunday off:shock::D

jh92 and crusian like this

3 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Rob

Lovely colours .

Is that your Collie ? 

No mate, not ours. Belongs to the bailiff. Her name is Jess and a friendlier dog you couldn't wish to meet.

crusian and salokcinnodrog like this

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I have Interax's problem on work PC, so I can't like Smufter's photo at the moment, and pick up quotes from previous pages. but I really do love that picture.

Last few times I have been, Sky wouldn't have known what the buzzer sounding is; it hasn't happened for a long time :(

I got into work, and put an Oval Brolly and overwrap aside to pay for later in the day, and I think it might get used next weekend, as I seem to have Saturday and Sunday off:shock::D

Next weekend off ? , excellent .

Hopefully this is your luck changing ! .

13 hours ago, smufter said:

Just checking it worked (our swim on Friday).....

16473272_10212106517680459_4737074556438098727_n.jpg

Is this by any chance White cottage lake ? 

10 hours ago, adam77 said:

Is this by any chance White cottage lake ? 

Sure is!

Will look much nicer during the Summer months though. 

:wink:

Hello,

New to this site guys!

But if there is any ipswich fisherman on this site with tuns of info, Please comment on my recent topic of Ipswich Fishing (Hidden Gems)

I can't remember the last time I caught a carp so I'm off to a little stocked puddle for the day. I've got new rods so I could do christening them as well haha

On 06/02/2017 at 04:49, smufter said:

Sure is!

Will look much nicer during the Summer months though. 

:wink:

Looks fantastic mate, love lakes like this, you are going to enjoy your summer.

1 minute ago, carpmachine said:

Looks fantastic mate, love lakes like this, you are going to enjoy your summer.

I'll be doing a few more overnighters than I have done over recent years, that's for sure.

Just now, carpmachine said:

Have you joined or doing the day ticket stuff.

I have joined, but it's not like a "normal" syndicate, more like a cross between one and a day ticket water.

You are "vetted" by completing an application form and going for an "interview" with the Bailiff.  Once given the green light, you then pay a membership fee and pay a further fee which varies depending on the session you decide to fish. It works out a similar price to day ticket waters around here, but the bonus is that the vetting, interview and membership fee tend to keep the idiots away.

No buzzing alarms at all times of the day, no knobs spodding across your swim, and complete peace and quiet with like minded individuals. Heaven.

Yes mate, peace and a few fish is all we seek, same where i fish at the Castle, i want a project water for this year, was going to be the Aquadrome Marina again but its got plenty of wallies, nice to see there are other little gems around if you look, i am 61 today and cant be doing with idiots anymore, good luck on there i am sure you will be happy.

smufter likes this

9 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

Our fishing preferences must be an age thing, hows the job going, buddy.

Not too bad thanks mate.

Very strange after Nissan, a whole new range to learn and a much bigger range too.

But everybody is friendly enough.

crusian and salokcinnodrog like this

1 hour ago, carpmachine said:

Yes mate, peace and a few fish is all we seek, same where i fish at the Castle, i want a project water for this year, was going to be the Aquadrome Marina again but its got plenty of wallies, nice to see there are other little gems around if you look, i am 61 today and cant be doing with idiots anymore, good luck on there i am sure you will be happy.

Happy Birthday  Carpmachine 

🥜

Thanks old pal, always Steve to you, that silly knickname has outlived its usefulness, most of the lads that gave me it, are fishing the lakes in the sky, i only keep it to remember my old pals.

crusian likes this

1 hour ago, smufter said:

Not too bad thanks mate.

Very strange after Nissan, a whole new range to learn and a much bigger range too.

But everybody is friendly enough.

So what you are saying Smufter is that it's going to take you until next month to become top salesman for the group ? .

😁

5 hours ago, smufter said:

Happy Birthday mate. I was 61 myself about a week or so

What's that in human years?  :D

Happy Birthday CM.