Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rosstheangler

Anyone angling this weekend?

1,419 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, nigewoodcock said:

I was going to do some jobs around our fields that I've been putting off all winter this weekend. Then I saw the weather conditions and other variables and can't not be on the bank. So I'm off at first light for the day but may stop the night if it's looking good for a take!

Was in the same predicament mate ,

But decided on the work ! 

20170217_104923_zpsn8ts442x.jpg

20170218_162214_zpsqdpeaq4w.jpg

Did manage to sneak a little bit of fishing on my river though  & had a few brownies .

20170218_215215_zpsl8uiasfb.jpg

Also had this little fella , which I've  always known as a bull head ? Not had one since being a kid .

IMG-20170218-WA0002_zpsfnscktii.jpg

IMG-20170218-WA0001_zpsyfjtyeqs.jpg

Wow, haven't seen one of those for a while, they always were a bit thin on the ground......... Bull Head, Millers Thumb, take your pick.

So fished Nazeing this weekend:
Friday morning loaded the car with everything except the rods, and went to work in Stowmarket.
Finished work, drove back to mine to load the rods, feed and take Sky for a quick walk, then drove to Nazeing, remembering as I went that the A120 was closed at Marks Tey, so drove down to the A414 at Chelmsford, missing a roundabout, which meant a quick run back up the A12 to the 414, and across to Harlow, and down to Nazeing. A walk around with the dog, and my favoured swims were all occupied, so I was lucky or unlucky enough to end up in the car park swim on the Central.
Rods out and Bivvy up, then my dinner at 9.45, followed by a two night blank😁😖😏
I keep saying always next time, so next time it is.

The top pic is the same swim, but from this time last year.

The bottom one is Sky hiding a pigs ear for later

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Big Common and jh92 like this

Managed one small carp this weekend.

when I got there the carp were crashing around the shallow end of the lake so obviously set up there .

had the small carp at about 11,30 am and then lost one about 3ish.

nothing through the night or this morning so packed up about midday.

i would add a photo but haven't a clue how to now.

Big Common likes this

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

So fished Nazeing this weekend:
Friday morning loaded the car with everything except the rods, and went to work in Stowmarket.
Finished work, drove back to mine to load the rods, feed and take Sky for a quick walk, then drove to Nazeing, remembering as I went that the A120 was closed at Marks Tey, so drove down to the A414 at Chelmsford, missing a roundabout, which meant a quick run back up the A12 to the 414, and across to Harlow, and down to Nazeing. A walk around with the dog, and my favoured swims were all occupied, so I was lucky or unlucky enough to end up in the car park swim on the Central.
Rods out and Bivvy up, then my dinner at 9.45, followed by a two night blank😁😖😏
I keep saying always next time, so next time it is.

The top pic is the same swim, but from this time last year.

The bottom one is Sky hiding a pigs ear for later

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hello Nick .

I don't know what is more upsetting , the thought of having to wait until 9:45 until Dinner or a 2 night blank  :( .

I'm really looking forward to the day when you catch again at Nazeing .

You mention going to work in Stowmarket ? . 

Gladwell's at Stowmarket were short of staff so I had to go over and help out instead of being at Copdock.

Did mean I finished at 5.30 instead of 6, but I still ended up getting back to mind around the same time I would normally.

The late dinner was more upsetting. I do want to catch, but just being by the lake is relaxing and beats being at home:wink:

crusian and Big Common like this

10 hours ago, nigewoodcock said:

There was a lot of green still about in February last year then nick!! Lol

Could well be because the trees opposite are evergreens:wink:

A mix of firs, conifers, holly as well as a few deciduous.

Its rare that I get the chance to fish that swim in the summer, so that pic is a autumn, winter or srping one, and the date on the ipad is February

Not that it makes any difference when it was shot. I was thinking more of the grass, brambles and nettles in the swim! Lol

looks like an early autumn shot with the trees on the far bank just starting to turn. 

Fish coming out all across the country in this crazy mild weather. I am on it this weekend. Temps drop a little on Friday but climb throughout the weekend. Hopefully it'll last!

Pressure isn't dropping as low or for as long but it's still looking good through out this week , if i could get out I would be on it like a shot. Many a good fish caught braving a gale this time of year .

Best of luck gents 8)

yonny likes this

I'm out for 48hrs tomorrow, first trip of the year. Batten down the hatches by the sounds of it. Don't think the gales hit until Thursday morning. Nothing out so far this year on the lake, but a few moving about slowly. Hopefully the big winds will wake them up properly.

yonny likes this

I'm just the techie guy.. i'm watching with interest.

I used to go fishing as a kid on the leeds liverpool canal.. perch were my limit i did fancy pike, if i remember rightly, the official fishing season started June 16th and we weren't allowed to fish prior to allow the fish to breed. 

How different is it for carp?  do the lake owners decide?  When do the bulk of you start going?

yonny likes this

That's the old Closed season, I remember it well. It still applies to rivers nowadays. There is no official closed season for still waters, although most sensible lakes won't fish whilst the carp are spawning and perhaps for a week afterwards to let them recover..... You should get your rods out again sometime, good way to relax and forget about work for a few hours.

8 hours ago, admin said:

I'm just the techie guy.. i'm watching with interest.

I used to go fishing as a kid on the leeds liverpool canal.. perch were my limit i did fancy pike, if i remember rightly, the official fishing season started June 16th and we weren't allowed to fish prior to allow the fish to breed. 

How different is it for carp?  do the lake owners decide?  When do the bulk of you start going?

Any day now for me, ain't been out since the end of October, some still waters still have the close season i think Coombe Abbey is one.

You should get the moderators to set you up in a peg next time they have a social.

jh92 likes this

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Any day now for me, ain't been out since the end of October, some still waters still have the close season i think Coombe Abbey is one.

You should get the moderators to set you up in a peg next time they have a social.

I think it was the first Suffolk Water Park Social Neil came down with Mr Fox, some good times there mate, even if you didn't fish. I seem to recall you shared in the beer and spoils of the barbeque?

19 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I think it was the first Suffolk Water Park Social Neil came down with Mr Fox, some good times there mate, even if you didn't fish. I seem to recall you shared in the beer and spoils of the barbeque?

I originally developed carp.com for Richard, back in 2003/4... i've been in the background keeping it running for years.

I do remember that day.  Do you still have socials?

11 hours ago, Big Common said:

I'm out for 48hrs tomorrow, first trip of the year. Batten down the hatches by the sounds of it. Don't think the gales hit until Thursday morning. Nothing out so far this year on the lake, but a few moving about slowly. Hopefully the big winds will wake them up properly.

On Bovi mate?