Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
splashbaits

Fishing In Spring

Personally I wouldn't be throwing shed loads of boilies in at first. I went last weekend and had success just with a hookbait and about 7 or 8 freebies thrown around the area.

Also tried spodding but I think it was too much too soon as I didn't have much success off the spodded area.

Personally I wouldn't be throwing shed loads of boilies in at first. I went last weekend and had success just with a hookbait and about 7 or 8 freebies thrown around the area.

Also tried spodding but I think it was too much too soon as I didn't have much success off the spodded area.

Opposite for me on Saturday..... Spodded out a kilo of micro pellets,a large tin of corn a crushed up tin of corn,a tin of crushed chick peas and a kilo of roughly chopped boilies..... One rig on the bait,the other 6-8ft off it and it was the rig on the bait that did the bite.

In saying that it was pretty much spot on conditions for a bite,and for the fish to have a feed

Interesting this time of year and gauging how much bait to put in. I'm hoping in a few years I'll have enough experience to know a bit better how much is appropriate when we're not quite in spring proper.

Different approaches for different waters, isn't it? Our local club water is pretty hard but can repay a bit of work. I've tried mass/intensive baiting, fishing singles and pretty much everything in between.

Best results come to light coloured, small pop ups with a PVA bag of freebies. Halibuts just don't catch on there and I've struggled using naturals as there's lots of silvers which drive me mad!

Ian

Interesting this time of year and gauging how much bait to put in. I'm hoping in a few years I'll have enough experience to know a bit better how much is appropriate when we're not quite in spring proper.

I gauged how much to put in due to the weather..... As said on my catch report it was only the 2nd fish out this year (althought 2 more came out Sat night). If conditions had been less favourable I'd of fished bags/sticks or just singles

This time of year may be better to feed a little (bag) only.

Dumping a bit of bait in the margins can work as they will come round to see what waits for them after people have finished fishing, this is more natural to them as they expect to see some bait, much like natural feeding areas they visit - location. To create a feeding spot can take some time applying bait to the same spot so that they expect to see bait there; but you are competing with other anglers.