Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
coops_northants

To make a boilie without eggs?

Plagiarism again :roll: It seems only fair to let other posters know that most of your post has yet again been lifted from various sites. It would also be useful to provide links to these sites for all to read.

The post seems to have little relevence in a carp bait situation, unless you know otherwaise then please expand on 'your' findings.

What to the original question of egg replacements in boilies? Unless I'm reading a different post there are 6-7 alternatives posted there and to be honest I don't think anyone considers it unfair that Nick has sourced information from other sites,I certainly don't have a photographic memory.... :roll::roll:

You don’t want one either, I Have almost, and it make life both difficult and interesting.

But It still makes sense to source information from other places, that way there are no arguments :lol::lol:

I can quote all sorts from memory, sometimes accused of making it up, then I have to find the exact reference to show.

Now it’s easier to show the reference first :D

dno if anyone has said it yet but can't you just simply use milk or even melted cheese they are all in the same food group of protein and dairy products and so i would of thought theat they all contain simular compounds?

When making fishmeal based boilies, I use liquidised Squid/Calamari paste instead of eggs. Like egg, squid also basically "gels" when boiled. Rolls nice too (especially if mix is left overnight in fridge) and adds that extra fishy smell to ANY basemix

1 Calamari Hood=+-1 egg

Here in SA Calamari hoods are about R45/kilo (+-4Pounds), so it's not too pricey either.

cool never knew this.

Try using liquidised heron as a binder I do believe a certain big name angler developed a bait using this

Should I include the beak or cut it off first?

Behave I've just nearly wet me self laughing,

I meant herring the fish, and I was reading about it in one of the mags the bait in question was the dynamite baits fresh fish boilies, that's why when it first came out it came with a smallbag of hardened hook baits because the bait it's self was so soft, and the angler was terry Hearn.

Not sure about quantities but he dose explain about these first batches of fresh fish in a article, it was really interesting to be honest :P

Try using liquidised heron as a binder I do believe a certain big name angler developed a bait using this

An 'Oops' moment, :shock::lol::lol:

I confess, it did have me looking for the men in white coats around the corner when I read it as I laughed so much. Now the spelling error has been corrected its still funny, but in the right way.

:wink::lol:

I think that somewhere along here that plain fresh liquidised squid and liver bound together with semolina and maybe a tiny iddy bit of casein has been mentioned as a bait in its own right.

Come to that you could also try using Coconut cream in your baits :wink:

I confess, it did have me looking for the men in white coats around the corner when I read it as I laughed so much. Now the spelling error has been corrected its still funny, but in the right way.

I think that somewhere along here that plain fresh liquidised squid and liver bound together with semolina and maybe a tiny iddy bit of casein has been mentioned as a bait in its own right.

Ohh yes it was an oops moment haha :oops:

How would you use the liquidised squid with regards to ratios nick ? Would you just ad it to your base mix like you would your egg till it forms a paste ?

Ohh yes it was an oops moment haha :oops:

How would you use the liquidised squid with regards to ratios nick ? Would you just ad it to your base mix like you would your egg till it forms a paste ?

Plain ordinary liquidised squid, liquidised liver, then add a mix of casein and semolina until you have the paste stiff enough to roll.

No need for many or even any other powdered ingredients.

Otherwise, exactly as you said if you wish to add it into an already working base mix

so what i am looking for is an additive that i can add to a base mix to make the boiles hard after i have steamed them. and no egg

Corn flour/starch...the stuff you thicken gravy with 100-200grms pre kilo of base and water being the liquid to wetten...I,ve always used it on my prebaiting campaigns....especaially for steamers 5-8mins depending on what size you are rolling...when you just want to put a good skin on them to harden up to get them out there....i,ve generally left them for at least 4-5 days to dry out...and they last for at least 3-4 hours in a test glass before breaking down..only ever use eggs in hookers..as you can be confident that they dont break down so quickly before the fish move in on them...Cheers

Take care

Nails