Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

any baa members keep your eyes peeled, i spotted an otter this morning down the garden centre end of mythe pool, ive reported it to a balliff and he said it would take a couple of people reporting it for them to do anything about it, not sure what theyll do about it anyway but if you see it report it. and no it wasnt a mink.

Sounds like the bailiff is clueless and is talking out of his derriere to me.

Why would it take a couple of reports for them to take it seriously?

The only thing that they can legally do (Not knowing the venue, I'm assuming that it is possible) is to install fencing. If there was a report of an otter then you would have though that they at least expend a LOT of energy investigating it and installing fencing if necessary.

What will be his response when theres a half eaten fish on the bank!!!!!!!!

MUPPET!

Edited by dalthegooner

Sounds like the bailiff is clueless and is talking out of his derriere to me.

Why would it take a couple of reports for them to take it seriously?

The only thing that they can legally do (Not knowing the venue, I'm assuming that it is possible) is to install fencing. If there was a report of an otter then you would have though that they at least expend a LOT of energy investigating it and installing fencing if necessary.

What will be his response when theres a half eaten fish on the bank!!!!!!!!

MUPPET!

they wouldnt spend money on fencing,even if they could fence it which i dont think they can as theres a footpath that seperates it from the river which is the direction it headed. clueless/muppet youve summed up the balliffs  on there perfectly.

They could put a sign up banning the otters from the water :evil:

Seriously though, I doubt they would get enough people interested to do the work required based on my experience of work parties.

Won't have anything to do with the BAA after proving time and time again how poor they are at fishery management.

the people that run it are clueless .

Birmingham Phil ?

I've been fishing there for 30 years on and off, and funnily enough was tenching there this Friday just gone. Otters have been passing through for years, with it being next to the river. We can't do anything about it.

I've been fishing there for 30 years on and off, and funnily enough was tenching there this Friday just gone. Otters have been passing through for years, with it being next to the river. We can't do anything about it.

ive seen plenty of mink on there and uckinghall since the 07 floods but first time ive seen an otter,ive not seen any fish remains either. 

Been otters up and down the lower Severn for decades. .. remember seeing a breeding pair at Severn Stoke back in the late 90's .

but like I said after the BAA killed what was a healthy head of good carp with there actions, wouldn't buy a ticket again.

where was that chillfactor and what happened if you dont mind me asking?

I fished coppice lake for years mate ... good head of twenties and a couple that went 30+ .

The BAA purchased it must be 4-5 years ago now , what should of been there flag ship specimen carp lake quickly had all the features ripped out plant life etc to make more room for anglers . Plant life that was crucial to (DO) levels replaced by anglers doing the complete opposite job.

There was no limit to anglers who could be on the lake so you can imagine what it got like shoulder to shoulder with matchmen and specimen anglers . Couldn't bring myself to fish it once they had purchased it but called in on time to time have a look . Well it took a year of there ownership to see the first big fish kill , which took care of most of the twenties and both the 30's .

EA were called and confirmed it was low DO levels . There way of trying to sort out this problem was to install a pipe with a trickle of water coming out from it to oxygenate the water , laughable mate and was obviously never going to work which resulted in another fish kill .

took them a year to ruin what was a good carp lake !

I fished coppice lake for years mate ... good head of twenties and a couple that went 30+ .

The BAA purchased it must be 4-5 years ago now , what should of been there flag ship specimen carp lake quickly had all the features ripped out plant life etc to make more room for anglers . Plant life that was crucial to (DO) levels replaced by anglers doing the complete opposite job.

There was no limit to anglers who could be on the lake so you can imagine what it got like shoulder to shoulder with matchmen and specimen anglers . Couldn't bring myself to fish it once they had purchased it but called in on time to time have a look . Well it took a year of there ownership to see the first big fish kill , which took care of most of the twenties and both the 30's .

EA were called and confirmed it was low DO levels . There way of trying to sort out this problem was to install a pipe with a trickle of water coming out from it to oxygenate the water , laughable mate and was obviously never going to work which resulted in another fish kill .

took them a year to ruin what was a good carp lake !

thought thats where you were on about,wouldnt of surprised me if there was another incident that i hadnt heard about though. i keep saying every year im not gonna renew membership but always get drawn back to uckinghall and mythe for short day sessions.

caught some cracking tench from uckinghall many moons ago and a few big carp ..... what's it like these days then ? The mythe was full of pike years ago with the odd dark shadow in amongst the weedy end .

the scaley ones not been seen in uckinghall since the floods or its been kept very hush hush,still a few to go at though mid to upper 20s depending on whos scales there weighed on. i caught a common last year at 24.12 it then came out at 29lb 3 days later :confused:  up until sat hadnt fished mythe for a couple of years,back then had carp upto 22lb,there was a 27 came out that year. both stunning lakes shame their ran by the baa.

How you getting on with the new bait then mate

tommorow will be the first time ive actually used it on the hook mate,been baiting a few spots over oxford way,havnt been able to get out due to work,heading down for a 3 night session,quite confident though after seeing how much cleare the spots are now.

Sounds spot on mate ,wish you all the best .

The bait can work from the off but introducing them to it first should really pay off for you 8) tight lines :wink:

i thought id fish them the same way as the dlivers so i can get an accurate opinion on em. i did an overnighter on the scent from hell popups on a different lake and caught 2 so im fairly confident in there bait already.