Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Im looking for a rucksack as i am going to start doing some short sessions after work and iwant to keep my gear down to a minimum.

Can anyone recommend a decent rucksack?

A few members on here swear by the Army Bergen's .

ive just brought a molle 35ltr rucksack for short sessions,not used it yet but ticks all the boxes so far. waterproof,comes in various colours and different camo patterns,straps on both sides and underneath for mats etc,slots on both sides take banksticks,comes with clip on side bag and was only £13 posted off ebay. avoid the carp branded stuff,poorley made for double the money.

Been looking at the ESP 1 myself so ill be interested in how you get on Ddgx, but the Molle that SS posted about has caught my eye,  looking for something like this for short/floater fishing sessions, if I'm overnight or longer i have Nash Cube fits on the barrow lovely and saves on the back  :lol:

I just loaded it up. Can fit a load of stuff in it, even hung the rods and an unhooking mat off the front straps that it has. The one disappointment so far is that my actual tackle box is a shade too long to fit in the front pocket, can't quite do the zip up. The front pocket needed to be about 2cm deeper. Still, it fit in the main compartment fine. It weighs a tonne now lol so I'm glad it has the sternum strap because that makes alot of difference comfort wise. Will report back!

Ive just been looking at the nash ruckall, looks good. Anyone use one?

I have used Nash Rucksacks in the past, and NEVER AGAIN!

Nash Number 1, the top zip broke, ok not a problem I have the top pocket, will close over the top. Time of use maybe 2 years until it needed replacing with

Nash Number 2 which within a couple of months, a side pocket zip broke, which the tackle shop returned to Nash, who repaired or replaced it, this repair or replaced rucksack within 6 months (the guarantee on repair/replace starts from scratch when you receive it) split across the strap and shoulder section. Since I had moved from Norwich to Ipswich I spoke to the tackle shop I bought it from, who advised me to contact Nash tackle directly and return it for replacement. I returned it in June, complete with letter, advice from tackle shop and the guarantee. It took around 3 months to replace, and lasted maybe another 3 years until other zips broke, and the material just fell through.

I replaced this with Nash Rucksack Number 3, within a year the material had worn through and the rucksack fell apart.

During the life of rucksack2, my mate bought a military Bergen, this Bergen is still going, some 12 years after purchase.

After seeing his Army Bergen when Number 3 died, I bought one myself. Mine is now 10years old, and still in use.

When Wychwood first started out they used a shiny plastic coated material and I bought their first rucksack with the detatchable bottom bag, had it for years it was mahoosive comfortable and well balanced.

When eventually came time to replace it was no longer available so tried various types and for last ten or so years I have been using a Fox ruckbox great at sitting on barrow so rarely carry on my back (I`m old it probably would kill me lol) pretty good built in bivvy table as well. Only fault was the screws holding the frame together which I upgraded in the garage in about 15 mins.

Still using korum rucksack I bought 7years ago also have other items of there luggage I can't fault

I was impressed with the korum one you've got. I have tried to make the same sort of thing out of my old chub rucksack and fox chair but it is blooming heavy without putting anything in it.

Edited by rosstheangler