Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
johnplumb

June 16th

Would do a lot of good if they reintroduced the close season onto lakes & canals too

That's never going happen though it's all to commercial now and way to much money to be made, let's be honest carp fishing is big business at the moment,when I was younger (God that seems a long time ago)you did not really hear a lot about carp fishing,I can remember fishing the canals and rivers in East London on the 16th June and they would be packed and always busy at other times but these days you can go to the same stretches for weeks on end and not see a soul fishing so sad really I used to love fishing the canals and rivers

Just come back from opening night bbq. The boys will be heading back to their swims just now ready for the first cast of the season. So wish I had booked a few days off now. The fish are at their most carefree for the next two days. Then with people fishing again, they go back to being super cautious! Oh well, I like a challenge. I can't wait to make a start on this old mere. I have had my eye on this ticket for some time now and have been lucky enough to be offered one this season. If I can get four or five fish in my first year, I will be extremely happy.

Would do a lot of good if they reintroduced the close season onto lakes & canals too

Sadly it will never happen.

I was supposed to be going tonight, instead I ended up working today, on what is supposed to be my usual day off, and I'm shattered. I reckon a nights sleep, then off to the river tomorrow, where chub and the chance of a carp are a possibility.

Evening Tim , personally can't see what good it will do canals, like what has been mentioned there devoid of anglers these days.

But busy lakes .... The owners should let the lake rest once in a while ,without the need for an in forced closed season .

But sadly very few do .

The old close season 14th march to 16th June wasn't just for the fish to spawn thou was it, it was for the banks and bankside vegitation to recover from the winter the birds to nest without disturbance ect and I do miss it still, there were many years when I didn't fish between those dates even after the close season was long gone on still waters.

That will be ok for the carp. Playing devils advocate...... Do you propose to close for two weeks when the pike spawn? Close two weeks when the bream start. Then two weeks for the tench. Another two and another two etc etc????

agreed it wouldnt be practicle,if we did have a break for each species wed end up with a very short season, theres no saying all the carp would of spawned in the break either. as most fisheries dont give a toss about anything but carp nowadays though it surprises me these places dont have a shut down.