Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Cammy

New to carping

I went carping for the first time at a local pond for 2 days/nights.i have read magazines and watched carp shows to try and learn as much as I could..I only caught one fish 12lb mirror and struggled to get a bite..another angler said they was spawning so wouldn't touch anything..is this true or am I just rubbish?? I normally fish a pole but want to get into carping..those two days disheartened me a little..

Cheers mate So used to match fishing been busy all the time..totally different type of fishing I guess..is the spawning thing true then?

Dont really know for sure tbh i think it depends on the lake .

Personally if they are spawning then i wont fish for them out of respect for the fish .

But thats just me .

Cheers mate So used to match fishing been busy all the time..totally different type of fishing I guess..is the spawning thing true then? 

I wouldn't say it was massively different, when you think about what you had success doing as a match angler think if you could scale that tactic up and use it to your advantage there are lots of things that can be crossed over between the 2 types of fishing.

Also welcome to the forum, 12lber is not a bad start, but like the thers have said spawning will have hampered your chances. :)