Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nitronick

Lake Side Recipes

Mashed spud seems to be becoming a must have. (with onions, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme in the mix)

Just whip up a pot full and let cool, then fry them up until they are crispy with whatever else. Packs easy, quick to cook, fills you up and is good with brekky or dinner.

Usually have bacon or lamb chops, fried tomato, eggs, tinned spag/beans and sausages with it.

Had a couple of nights last week, first night on the bank was Pan Fried Lamb Steaks, with Mixed Herbs, Red, Green, Yellow Peppers and Onion, and Boiled Rice.

Second night I was really boring, Chilli Con Carne with Rice.

Both actually prepared and cooked on the Bank

Friday night I chopped 2 chicken breasts, some onion, mushrooms, red&green peppers, added some beansprouts and noodles and done a stir fry. Finished off with a packet of tescos Sweet and sour sauce made for a tasty meal for 2.

Yummy Yummy Get In My Tummy

NitroNick

Had a couple of nights last week, first night on the bank was Pan Fried Lamb Steaks, with Mixed Herbs, Red, Green, Yellow Peppers and Onion, and Boiled Rice.

Jesus Nick you eat better on the bank than i do at home.

looking through this thread and the food we all eat on the bank side is a damm sight better than a lot of peps have at home for there normal meals im surprised none of the cooking progs on tv have not caught on to this and come up with something

im surprised none of the cooking progs on tv have not caught on to this and come up with something

Gordon Ramseys New "F" Word FISHING! Trouble is with that bloke, the first fish he caught he would have it fillited, pan fried with some shallots and served up with fresh wild mushrooms and a white wine sauce.

NitroNick

After listening to some advice off this thread, I made some effort with my bankside food on my last session. Both mornings I had a fry up, 3 x bacon, 2 x sausages, 1 x egg, mushrooms and tin of beans and sausages all mopped up with bread (it looked so good i even took a photo) and I also made a spaghetti bolognese in the house and warmed that up on the stove and boiled pasta on the bank. Then for the occasional snack i just got the frying pan out fried an egg and had it in a sandwich :D

Hot food is definately the way forward on the bank and its much better than soggy sandwiches

Jesus Nick you eat better on the bank than i do at home.

Love Healthy Food. I feel better for it. I know if I eat too many Fry-ups or Tinned Meals that I feel unhealthy.

I have noticed that most of you are useing fresh food i.e Bacon, Chicken, Sausages, How do you keep these fresh if your on the bank for a couple of days.

Les.

I have 2 small Cool Bags for fishing, Bait goes in one and Food in the other, both fit in the Rucksack. Stick an IcePack in there before you go and it takes longer to warm up.

Bacon and Sausages keep quite well anyway for a couple of days without being in the Fridge.

Any more than 2 days on the bank then it ends up being tinned foods.

I usually just stock up on tins of all day breakfast and sausage and beans. That kind of trash. Reading what the rest of you eat on the bank though i'm feeling a bit ashamed. lol :(

Think i'll be a bit more adventurous next time. :P

kinda fancy a pot noodle every now and then but you can't beat the smell of a few decent rashers of bacon in the morning. and soup to keep you warm on those cold winter sessions. :lol:

12 vault coolbox runs off my powerpack, also powers dvd player and remote lantern

I have noticed that most of you are useing fresh food i.e Bacon, Chicken, Sausages, How do you keep these fresh if your on the bank for a couple of days.

Les.

see above :oops::lol:

always take coleman double and a gas bbq these days as very rarely do less than four nights a week and it can get you a bit egg bound if your on tins etc all the time :shock::shock::shock::shock::lol: . being a chef helps too! used to take a chimenea on one of my old estate lakes( only one allowed on so no complaints) and one sunday in late autumn i did a roast beef dinner on/in it and then chucked the coal in and sat back with a glass of red watching the sun go down in front of my own bankside coalfire!! :wink::wink:

always take coleman double and a gas bbq these days as very rarely do less than four nights a week and it can get you a bit egg bound if your on tins etc all the time :shock::shock::shock::shock::lol: . being a chef helps too! used to take a chimenea on one of my old estate lakes( only one allowed on so no complaints) and one sunday in late autumn i did a roast beef dinner on/in it and then chucked the coal in and sat back with a glass of red wathing the sun go down!! :wink::wink:

Thats doing it in style 8)

this sunday sees three of us on confit belly of pork, braised potato and fresh shelled broad beans with pancetta and garlic. then three in the morning will see me doing some serious rabbit scaring!!! :shock::lol::lol::lol:

like everybody on here cant go for a night without waking up to a bacon sarnie!! not much off a chef myself so i stik to the easy things like pot noodles! also sumtimes go and buy a nice redy cooked roast chiken and tuck in!!

Thing is a lot of cooking you don't need to be a major chef, although Goblin and I (and others?) have worked in Pub and Club kitchens. In fact many Pubs now it comes out of the freezer and is a Microwave job, although from Goblin's posts in the past he decries that style of catering.

I'm all self taught, just knowing what goes together or try it and see if it works. It works at home, I kept my customers happy, and I used to love cooking for my Mrs, and the kids would eat plenty of fresh foods.

Its not that hard really to take a few fresh Veg, a bit of fresh meat, a small Schwartz mixed Herbs/spices and some rice and/or pasta. You already take cooking oil for your bacon/sausages.

Last time i went night fishing i forgot about my food...i was so caught up in all the bleedin things the fish might eat i forgot about myself :lol: I had a loaf of bread to feast on and that's me lot! don't notmaly go night fishing. Ain't got a car yet so no point because public transport and cabs and all the gear for a night session is a nightmare so i will start once i do!