Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I used a Korda stick a few years ago and it near on crippled my shoulder which admittedly is dodgy anyway but , and i dunno what it is , but the Cybershot was nowhere near as bad i just couldnt afford it .

Fortunately distance fishing isnt my thing anyway so my ESP Catties and baiting spoon on a pole thingy cover all my needs .

Some stuff is just TOO pricey imvho

Edited by newmarket

Hello mate,

I'm from Norfolk too and fished Taswood a few nights ago, on Grove too! I had two 13lb carp, one common and one fully scaled mirror. I've fished there once before on Grove too, and had two 12lb carp. The fish start at around 10lb in there I believe, and I thought they went up to mid 20's but from my most recent visit, I was told there's been low 30's pulled out.

The baliffs there tell you to fish to the far bank (fishing is done on one side only) so to cast to features such as the pads or reed beds. I believe the first swim is very interesting although I've never fished it. When it's hot you'll find a lot of fish surfacing in it. But I don't know whether they stick there when it cools down. The swims I use are probably the 3rd along to the 6th. There's a few in quick succession which have lots of pads in front- never blanked there- I believe it's a popular spot. All swims have good features but you must not ignore the margins here. I'd suggest to fish the far bank but keep dropping sweetcorn on your chosen side margin and come to it later on. I did last time and got a huge ripping run which almost took my rod in, unfortunately it snagged and got off. So be careful, it is a bit snaggy such as underwater pads and reeds. 

The baliff's in the shop are nice and the lakes are stocked well I believe. They're very willing to help and the shop sells almost anything you will need.

Good luck man! :wink:

Welcome to Carp.com.

Problem with all baiting up throwing stick, spod/spomb etc, to get accuracy and distance is this horrible word practice.

Of the throwing sticks I have used, I found the Korda one the hardest to use. I had to use it two handed, whereas the (no longer about), Cobra were by far the easiest.

I did try some of the straight launchers, think Solar did one, but did not use it enough to get used to it.

The problem I do have with throwing sticks and catapults, not a man made one, but a nature one is seagulls!

Norfolk Suffolk Border, whereabouts?

I have fished a fair amount round the area and know a fair number of the Norfolk and Suffolk waters.

Im from Carlton Colville - near Lowestoft - near Norwich. My most local fisheries is probably Field Farm Fisheries in Wrentham! :)

Ooowee!

In that case, when you go down to the Transport Museum, before the days of Health and Safety, I helped, as an 8 or 9 year old kid, to lay some of the tram tracks!

Have a look at Burgh Castle fisheries, just up the road from you near Great Yarmouth.

http://www.freewebs.com/burghcastlefisherieslakes/