Carp Rod Test Curves

Hello guys,

So I've been using rods with TC of 2.5lb and I'm looking to renew my rods. I'm finding it very hard to find rods which come in the 2.5lb, most are 2.75lb to 3.25lb. 

Would I notice a difference from a 2.5lb TC to a 2.75lb?? I don't usually cast huge distances and so I believe 2.5 gives me enough casting range with lots of playing action.

Just purchased 3 Grey Prodigy GT3's in 12ft 2.5 t/c from a seller on Greedybay

I also found 2.5's to be harder to find as they all seem to start at 2.75 up.

I was sold on a review of them HERE

Not got them wet yet but they do look beautiful rods :D

Edited by nigewoodcock

Each rod is different mate , they have different actions etc .

Provided your not trying to cast 6oz PVA bags over 100m then any decent 2.75 will be probably do for 99% of any uk fishing you may do .

Get yourself down the tackle shop with one of your reeks and have a little play , you'll know what you want when you feel it .

Whats wrong with your current rods ?

Do you need to fish sonething that isnt broken ?

I know its an old cliche but its true :wink:

Edited by newmarket

Do rods deteriorate much? Would it be ok to buy second hand rods if they are seemingly in good condition?

If so, I might buy second hand good rods rather than standard brand new rods.

rods will soften a little over time and use .... but I would still recommend a second hand set of quality rods than a brand new set of poor off the shelf cheap rods .

what's your budget roughly?

I suppose my budget is £80 max for a set. I've seen Fox Warriors on Gumtree for £35 each which seemed good. There's lots of cheap good rods on Gumtree actually.

So 2.75lb TC will be good to play fish on even if im casting short to medium distances?

I don't want to put a dampener on anything but please remember, there are a LOT of skanks on Gumtree.

Let's be careful out there :wink:

Edited by dalthegooner

I suppose my budget is £80 max for a set. I've seen Fox Warriors on Gumtree for £35 each which seemed good. There's lots of cheap good rods on Gumtree actually.

So 2.75lb TC will be good to play fish on even if im casting short to medium distances?

I'm pretty sure you can get a half decent set of rods for that amount mate,my local tackle shop does part ex,maybe that's another way forward?? Make the £80 go further?

Skank:

Sorry old chap; what I meant was, there are a lot of unsavoury and untrustworthy persons whom are seeking to do you an injustice and be downright unfair on Gumtree.

It's the way I was dragged up :wink::P:mrgreen:

I very nearly had to put some of Tony Cs, terminology through the translator, I really have never heard much of this slang stuff, we talk weird in these parts anyhow.

I succeeded in confusing again, soz :lol: