Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
salokcinnodrog

Latest Session

I'd love to be able to put this into Catch Reports, but no fish so can't.

What a few days that was.

I got to Nazeing and discovered I had left my wallet at home. No problem, don't need it, (hopefully), only got my driving licence and cash card in it, plus fishing licence. I keep a lot of loose change in my tackle box, plenty of gold nuggets for emergencies.

Walked all the way around the South and Central lagoons, found the fish next to Long Island, after walking past what I thought was just one fish, turned out to be around 20 fish. Walked the gear back about 400 metres from the car park, after that what must be 3 mile walk.

3 nights, not a touch, except for crayfish and tufted ducks diving on the baits.

Oh well, home and showered, maybe next time!

Anyone else having the same sort of results?

Not personally but i was in  my local tackle shop a couple weeks back and the staff were ribbing a punter who apparently hadn't caught a carp this season !!!

He obviously knew them well because he was giving as good as he got lol

Spent a few hours stalking on Saturday morning, watching several big carp hoovering up my freebies whilst completely ignoring my hook bait. A few of the smaller fish did pick up the bait but every one of them got away with it. Very frustrating and a rig rethink maybe needed for the next session.

3 nights, not a touch, except for crayfish and tufted ducks diving on the baits.

Sounds like a normal session for me! Just need to add in the obligatory call home just as things start to feel fishy

I went last week and managed one on an overnight, I thought I deserved more as found quite a few fish and they were rolling and crashing in the area. The other three people on the lake blanked. The water was incredibly still with very little wind on it and I imagine given conditions it had been like that for a while. I wondered whether oxygen levels were low. There's a bit of rain and there's been a bit more wind this week so hopeful when I go tomorrow night it will be better. I don't have any bait due to no freezer where I am, so fishing zigs.

Edited by androoooo

Went about a month ago with a friend he has never been carp fishing normally a match angler. I did not get a beep he caught 4 and a new pb of 26lb 4oz I felt very embarrassed indeed.

That's the luck of the draw and all you can do is tell him well done and feel good about his success, maybe it will come back on you.

That's the luck of the draw and all you can do is tell him well done and feel good about his success, maybe it will come back on you.

I could not help but smile it made his week. taking him again next week to see if I can break my bad run.