Trying to find the name of this rod

j92

Hey, I've been trying to find the name of this rod I seen in a tackle shop a few years back. I'm pretty sure it was a 9ft stalking done by Fox, it only had one eye on it and then the line is threaded through the rod and out of the tip. Does anyone know what rod I'm talking about? Thanks :D

Not sure if I'm searching for the right thing on fleabay but not seeing tonnes yet. You've just reminded me though, I've got an old rod in my shed that was my uncles. Probably 50 years old, will go dig it out in a minute. Be interesting to know if anyone knows anything about it.

Not sure if I'm searching for the right thing on fleabay but not seeing tonnes yet. You've just reminded me though, I've got an old rod in my shed that was my uncles. Probably 50 years old, will go dig it out in a minute. Be interesting to know if anyone knows anything about it.

Posted about it on a new thread to stop hijacking this one. Sorry about that!

I've seen similar in the sea fishing side of things .... there designed to be fished off a boat & just dropped over tge side, can't imagine there cast very well .

No, they don't cast very well, but great for stalking and close range work, :)

I fish with Daiwa Interlines regularly, 12 ft two and three quarter test. Took them to France for my last trip actually, where I was fishing at 135yds (Far bank is 155yds measured so walking around to bait up to a 20 yard marker) with 15lb straight through and 3.25 oz leads.

The tip speed of these rods has to be experienced to understand. The lack of rings makes the blank recover far better.

I also use a 9ft Interline for Piking, sink and draw mainly, it will flick a 4-5oz deadbait 50yds effortlessly with braid.

Stoogi is correct otherwise.