Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Ginger9991

Rod slipping, New backrests?

Hi guys,

I have noticed my rods slipping when i get a run, I used to have the Eye of the rod in front of the alarm but i dont do this anymore since i managed to snap 2 Muddy waters indicators, so i need some decent back rests that will prevent this, Any recommanadtions? I believe theres a material that helps rather then a "locking" rod rest?

I tried various before i found one that did the job without clamping the life out of the Rod Butts !

Fox Rear U Rod Rest.

Fox%20RearU%20Rod%20Rest_zpsgvg8pjlp.jpg

Fox's description..

Designed to create a grip fit, its size can be altered by immersing it in hot water for a few seconds to make it either smaller or larger. Featuring a stainless steel thread & locking nut and beta light slot

Do they ? :)

Yes they do (that's what I use); in time the rubber gets old and brittle and one side cracks off. I haven't had it happen during a run, and keep a bunch of spares so not really a problem.

Strangely enough I was actually thinking about ditching u shaped back rests, as I have ball stops on my rod butts. These ball stops fit perfectly inside the threaded section intended for your butt rests, and in the process, prevent rod slide.

I have for years used Solar Butt rests, easily fitted with Velcro

I saw the Bank bug system

http://www.angling-international.com/bank-bug-rod-rest-gives-anglers-complete-control/

Probably not the most fashionable tackle tarty item, but would it work for you?