Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I would get Delkim EV's over Delkim Txi's.

Saying that, my Delkim preference is for the Delkim ST.

The EV is a Delkim budgetary model, but the vibration sensing system is a whole lot better than roller alarms, far more sensitive.

A mate of mine, Big Dave bought EV's he loves them

Ok thanks lools like I will be getting them then, now what colours to get haha.

Very hard to get hold of but if you can bag a couple of Pink ones they apparently attract more attention fish :wink:

I know it's not for everyone, but I have red, white and green, with indicators to match.

Red on the left, white in the middle, and green on the right, always, a superstition

You can use a sounder box and leads with them, Which is a much cheaper option if you are on a budget.

I just use my old fox micron sounder box and leads but you need to get a special reducing jack adapter (which cost me 99p from a well known auction site) as the delkim lead output is 1mm bigger than standard bite alarms/jack adapter..... Hope that makes sense !

I've looked on eBay and can't find the receivers for the ev plus are they available?

You could also look at Attx system.

http://gardnertackle.co.uk/product/attx-v2-remote-system/

Shop around, there are some good deals

Thanks, I ended up getting 2 purple evs and I was reading up about the waterproofing of delkims, so I was thinking about taping the battery cover up with electrical tape, and filling the gaps were the 2 bits join in the middle with transparent silicone would this solve the waterproof issue or is it a silly idea.

Thanks, I ended up getting 2 purple evs and I was reading up about the waterproofing of delkims, so I was thinking about taping the battery cover up with electrical tape, and filling the gaps were the 2 bits join in the middle with transparent silicone would this solve the waterproof issue or is it a silly idea.

With all respect, it's a silly idea. You're making it easier for moisture to get trapped and cause faults.

I wouldn't recommend tampering at all however, if you want to try, using vaseline would be the best way to seal the inside.

... how come it would be easier for moisture to get trapped...

If moisture is going to get in then partially sealing them, without the seal bring a proper moisture resistant / IP rated seal won't stop it.

It will however make it harder from them to dry out. It will generally be airflow that dries them out and carries the moisture out and trying to seal them decreases air flow and makes it harder for this to happen.

I've had mine in torrential rain on a number of occasions and they've never so much as flinched (But it does happen, see Superfly for proof :wink: ).

The only plus side if the worst does happen is that Delkim's customer service is top drawer and they should sort them out for you no problem.

The only plus side if the worst does happen is that Delkim's customer service is top drawer and they should sort them out for you no problem.

And there lies what for me is a deciding factor in alarm purchase................Good customer service if the worst should occur.

Same for most things in my opinion :)