Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Gazlaaar

Online Animosity

Can I offer a possible solution to online animosity.

Arguments never look good online to any new potential members, plus the grievances are very rarely resolved as one or both members usually end up banned.

Could you open a new offline section, that bots/spiders and outsiders cannot see, just members.

It could still be heavily moderated and controlled, but at least it would give members the chance to air their grievances and hopefully bring the issue to a close.

The problem is, feelings fester and that can lead to digs, and before you know it the whole process builds up again.

Once the issue has come to a close or if its deemed going nowhere, the argument can simply be deleted and appropriate action taken.

Plus it wouldn't destroy any potentially insightful threads.

Edited by nm01

Years ago we did have such a section as I was able to add and remove forums at will. Unfortunately as of yet I haven't worked out how on this new layout :rolleyes: Bots etc can get into absolutely every section of a forum, there is no 'off limits'.

We can moderate posts by members before they are posted if they are potentially aiming for an arguments and as Mods we have been discussing this recently, although this does remove instant replies which may be pertinent to the thread.

Also we don't like editing posts, but if we must...

We can only ask that members try to behave like gentlemen and avoid arguments, but expressing opinions. Of course as forums have been around since the times of Julius Caesar and The Senate we have discovered this won't always happen

Most people on this site can disagree on subjects but keep it friendly between each other. A very small few, get the hump if anyone doesn't think the same as them. They think it's their way or no way and can't comprehend that others may have different views or want different things from their angling; or even life in general.

I wasn't going to post again but as I need to rectify inaccuracies that your saying about me , which other members have had to do in the past with you I will .

Firstly I never mentioned putting a bait over 200 yards I arranged the day with Terry to improve my casting which it did .

Anyone will get the hump when you hijack threads calling people deluded for wanting to improve there casting & to get real there's no need for it .

You've done the same on all the recent bait threads which got you a ban & your posts vetted before they were added the forum .

I suppose that was my fault too .

Anyway I'm off now like I said to much negative tripe .

Enjoy the spod rod newmarket !

Take a look at the likes Gary, it went down to a hundred yesterday, at then up to a ridiculous figure, they have access believe me, read Phils comments on the casting thread, he got a serious hump before when I suggested it was folly to throw a single bait 200 yards plus, and the guy teaching them was a tournament casting champ and that was a separate sport from fishing, there are some seriously vindictive cliques on here and a lot of the lads know it, if anything damages the value of this forum, they are to blame.

If you don't like it, don't come on here! Simple!!!! It only seems to be yourself that has a problem; says something that????

I have had a hunt through the Control Panel, it is impossible for a mod to change the 'likes' of a person's post. The member who liked it can choose to unlike it which then means it takes the like numbers down.

There are some people arguing, and winding each other up, it is long term, and continuous, tit for tat. On all sides, there is an evasion of answers from questions posed, there is constant digs.

This animosity is annoying the mods, and really needs to be stopped.

I worked out how to do it so put carp machines posts up to 100000 after he said his had gone down. Took some finding though of how to do it mind. I wasn't sure how many he was on originally because I don't look at things like that on here, so just put in a ridiculous amount