Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ianfrog

e great Grayling hunt

Hi Guys

I am coming to you guys in the search for knowledge.

End of next week the wife and I are going to Yorkshire near to Knaresborough with the intention of catching her 1st Grayling and improve my p.b which is only a few ounce.

As I have little experience and I know this will involve a fair degree of competition (she would love to have another household best!)

Any tips or info for this time of year gratefully received.

Cheers

Ian :wink:

Sorry cant fling fluff !

Born a coarse angler and destined not to change !

Every time someone has tried to teach me to cast a fly they have walked away shaking their head !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herself on the other hand picked it up first time Grrrr !

Ian 

I know your probably right !

Her first ever Barbel was 11lb and for a time she had the catfish p.b in the house !

Mind you fair play and I don't have a competitive bone in my body lol (those that know me and my history may have a giggle at that!)

Sorry cant fling fluff !

Born a coarse angler and destined not to change !

Every time someone has tried to teach me to cast a fly they have walked away shaking their head !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herself on the other hand picked it up first time Grrrr !

Ian

Shaking their head won't get it out, they need a hemostat and some iodine.[emoji6]

Compare the pheromones dot com!

After all I stated fishing in the early 70`s and she joined me about 86 and I find myself looking over my shoulder everytime we go out lol.

Its no comfort when people say how lucky I am not to get moaned at every time I buy tackle or go to explore waters ! IT COSTS ME TWICE AS MUCH !!!!!!!

I am sure she will now join the forum and regail you all with her 30`s and other successes !

Coat ! Here we are off sob!

I am sure she will now join the forum and regail you all with her 30`s and other successes !

Coat ! Here we are off sob!

dont worry on that score Ian, we will all promise to ignore her posts and ridicule her efforts till she gives up and stops posting :wink:

YEH RIGHT!!!!!!!!! :lol: :LOL: :lol:

Ok sort of a bump and a request for knowledge !

We are going to fish the Test at Timsbury in an attempt to get herself a good grayling on the 10th, 11th, and 12 of Oct .

So what are the best tackle shops to use as we are staying in Romsey ? we arrive Sunday the 8th and will be bait hunting Mon 9th.

All help and suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks in advance !

Cheers Ian