Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
lee_challenor

Willowmarsh fishery

Firstly im a newb so please be gentle with me [emoji2]

Im just starting to get back in to the swing of things as i been out for about 15 or so years

Wanted to no if anyone fished willowmarsh fishery and what its like as in can you just turn up and fish

Hello and welcome to the madhouse.

Never fished Willowmarsh and, to be honest, even if I were in the Midlands I wouldn't because of the ridiculous rules.

It looks like you can just turn up and fish (Days only).

If you're interested their contact number is 07597 940843.

Thanks for the welcome.

To be honest my 1st couple of fishing trips have been to the severn and not had a single knock wether it be a bad day or just me so thort i would try a pool although not wanting to give up on the river as i used to enjoy the barbel as a youngster going with me dad i just need to catch something as im getting back into fishing

hi! welcome to the font of all  knowledge for species Cyprinus

if you are that close to shenstone i know of at least two other pools that are rated much better than willow marsh.

i only ever fished it once and given that i am in my 60s i was the youngest one there, i dared to chuck a freelined mixer at a show and the bloke 2 pegs up grassed me to the bailiff when he did his rounds :lol: 

two pools i would fish instead are Top Barn and holt pool, both at Holt Fleet on the severn.

Top Barn is a complex of 5 pools, rules are a bit restrictive but not as bad as willow,rates are £6.50 for one rod and £11 for two.

holt pools is a 3 pool complex, rules are pretty basic, was £7 per day for two rods and the bailiff is on site all day, irish geezer who's ar se is stuck to his car seat :lol:

i can supply directions if needed but they are both easy to find off the A443 Holt Fleet to Worcester road.

just read your comment about fishing the severn, there is a great spot at Holt Fleet again for chub, barbel and pike to the right of the bridge. look on Google Earth for the holt fleet bridge and follow upriver about two to three hundred yards, there is an island with a weir and a boom to one side, get in there and you are set.

we used to access it by parking on the camping site by the river and crossing to the island via the lock. you may have to check ownership and access now tho but worth the hassle if you can do it :wink:

hi! welcome to the font of all knowledge for species Cyprinus

if you are that close to shenstone i know of at least two other pools that are rated much better than willow marsh.

i only ever fished it once and given that i am in my 60s i was the youngest one there, i dared to chuck a freelined mixer at a show and the bloke 2 pegs up grassed me to the bailiff when he did his rounds [emoji38]

two pools i would fish instead are Top Barn and holt pool, both at Holt Fleet on the severn.

Top Barn is a complex of 5 pools, rules are a bit restrictive but not as bad as willow,rates are £6.50 for one rod and £11 for two.

holt pools is a 3 pool complex, rules are pretty basic, was £7 per day for two rods and the bailiff is on site all day, irish geezer who's ar se is stuck to his car seat [emoji38]

i can supply directions if needed but they are both easy to find off the A443 Holt Fleet to Worcester road.

Thanks for the reply i will take a look

just read your comment about fishing the severn, there is a great spot at Holt Fleet again for chub, barbel and pike to the right of the bridge. look on Google Earth for the holt fleet bridge and follow upriver about two to three hundred yards, there is an island with a weir and a boom to one side, get in there and you are set.

we used to access it by parking on the camping site by the river and crossing to the island via the lock. you may have to check ownership and access now tho but worth the hassle if you can do it :wink:

I woz their a few weeks a go but fished down from wier by jetty never had nock but did have kids with us running round and stuff as we was camping not far from their. I have read good things about their tho so might have to go back with no kiddies [emoji3]

http://www.willowmarshfishery.co.uk/index.php?pg=Rules

Take it from a man who never goes fishing , if I did I wouldn't go there , they are THE most ridiculous rules I've ever come across .

Aimed at match men I would imagine which may tell a story in itself but wtf is "spinning a pellet" when it's at home ? :(

Oh sorry Lee , welcome to this formerly mental but now totally sensible forum :wink:

Edited by newmarket

http://www.willowmarshfishery.co.uk/index.php?pg=Rules

Take it from a man who never goes fishing , if I did I wouldn't go there , they are THE most ridiculous rules I've ever come across .

Aimed at match men I would imagine which may tell a story in itself but wtf is "spinning a pellet" when it's at home ? :(

Oh sorry Lee , welcome to this formerly mental but now totally sensible forum :wink:

Thanks for the welcome