Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
esminthecarper

bite alarms with reciver

Have you looked at any of the Carpology deals.

3 different deals which include a set of 3 with a receiver, 12 month subscription and other bits for less than £150.

I got one and was out in torrential rain with them and they don't seem to have any problems.

The only thing with my set is that they are all white. If anyone else has got more than 1 of any of the other colours, please let me know if you'd like to do a swap.

I looked at loads recently and went with the fox MR+. In my opinion it isn't even remotely worth the difference for a full set of delks. I used to have the txi plus' and they are very nice, if you have nothing else more important to spend the dosh on. The fox presentation sets are cracking value for money at the moment, and you get plenty of alarm for your money. They do have their downsides. No tone adjust on the mr+, all the same colour, so on the receiver at night you can't tell at a glance which rod's gone off. Small issues that don't affect fishing too much, and the lack of vibration function is not something you'll miss unless you're very used to using it.

Just my thoughts. :)

Good luck with the Fox alarms ,I have always rated Fox ,cant comment on the vibration function on other alarms ,but the vibration function on the Delkim is a waste or time , if you have a single bleep it vibrates several times and would lead you to think you had a full on run with the volume off ,I disabled it years ago

Good luck with the Fox alarms ,I have always rated Fox ,cant comment on the vibration function on other alarms ,but the vibration function on the Delkim is a waste or time , if you have a single bleep it vibrates several times and would lead you to think you had a full on run with the volume off ,I disabled it years ago

Sorry, I disagree, I turn the sensitivity down, so it is just a single bleep. If I get a bleep I watch the indicator to see if I need to strike or not.

You also have two on settings, separated by the off position on th switch. It is easy enough to use 'on+' or 'on-' to get it right.

As it happens I always use on+, and don't have problems, with either semi-fixed or running leads.

I choose the correct setting for the lead set-up and the weather conditions.

I don't see what you are saying , lets assume im sat at another swim with the Receiver, no volume just Vibrate  in my hand ,I have a single bleep liner  , the Receiver on Vibrate will go ..Buzzz....Buzzz...Buzzz....Buzzz...so  not in sync with what the Audio would be, which, in my opinion the vibrate should replicate the audio , which I doesnt

I don't see what you are saying , lets assume im sat at another swim with the Receiver, no volume just Vibrate  in my hand ,I have a single bleep liner  , the Receiver on Vibrate will go ..Buzzz....Buzzz...Buzzz....Buzzz...so  not in sync with what the Audio would be, which, in my opinion the vibrate should replicate the audio , which I doesnt

My phone doesn't vibrate in time with the ring tone either :rolleyes::wink::lol:

Lets assume i'm night fishing and don't want to wake the neighbours when you get 1 or more bleeps.

So Delks set to vibrate only, i'm fast asleep snug in the Bivvy i do believe if i got 1 vibrate as an indication i would stay sound asleep so in conclusion may i take this opportunity to thank Delkim and all their staff for a very useful feature :)

That is the only time i would use vibrate, any other even away from my swim the Delk receiver is set to omit a noise..:)

I assume that's why my Alarm clock doesn't sound once !

Yes and every single beep/ liner ( One Bleep) you had you would be met with a torrent of Buzzz......Buzzz.......Buzzz.....buzzz  , that is why I AND people I know and fish with have the Vibrate function Disabled