Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Carp123_0

What is the best line to use in flurocarbon

As above looking for a good flurocarbon line I am fishing a lake what was silt according to the people that fish it and I looked today and it was more like a sandy bottom and I was using silt end tackle tubing etc now I am thinking of using flurocarbon straight through to lead clip just need to no of a good flurocarbon to spool my reels with

From what I have read it would seen most Fluros are much of a muchness with one particular Fluro standing above the rest, and that being.........

Venture Fluorocarbon Mainline , 12/15/18 BS supplied by Erics angling

All I can add is that we all have our personal preferences and we can sometimes be influenced by what we hear/read even when it`s either wrong or misinformed.

Personally I have been using Tiger for about 3 years and have no immediate plans to change.

Cheers

Ian

I've got 17lb Xline on my spare spools. It's good but it needs stretching out every trip and then winding in through a damp towel, before use. The pit I've been angling on this year is gin clear and the bottom is 90% covered in thick blanket weed.

I'll use 17Xline for close range work , but for 10yrd plus I use nylon with a 5 to 6ft 35lb (.47 ) flourocarbon leader. This disappears in the blanket weed around the business end and the nylon mainline ensures I get good bite indication on semi slack lines with very light bobbins.

I've got 3 200m spools of Fox illusion Trans Kaki in 16lb for when I take off the Xline. This disappears on the bottom and on waters with a slight green tinge.

I first used it in 8lb for dropshotting and I was very impressed by how invisible it was. I've got a couple of friends who swear by it in 16lb.

I've got 17lb Xline on my spare spools. It's good but it needs stretching out every trip and then winding in through a damp towel, before use. The pit I've been angling on this year is gin clear and the bottom is 90% covered in thick blanket weed.

I'll use 17Xline for close range work , but for 10yrd plus I use nylon with a 5 to 6ft 35lb (.47 ) flourocarbon leader. This disappears in the blanket weed around the business end and the nylon mainline ensures I get good bite indication on semi slack lines with very light bobbins.

I've got 3 200m spools of Fox illusion Trans Kaki in 16lb for when I take off the Xline. This disappears on the bottom and on waters with a slight green tinge.

I first used it in 8lb for dropshotting and I was very impressed by how invisible it was. I've got a couple of friends who swear by it in 16lb.

I believe that's the gear Rob Hughes has been plugging on his recent under-the-surface features.

...I'll use 17Xline for close range work , but for 10yrd plus I use nylon with a 5 to 6ft 35lb (.47 ) flourocarbon leader...

I'd have to say that casting lessons would be better than the type of line used :wink::lol: :lol: :mrgreen::P

Edited by dalthegooner

Used allot of Floro over the years started out with xline sunk well but found it really wire like and high memory not nice to use at all then moved onto Berkley trilene this again sunk well and was supple but behaved badly like it had adhd jumped off the spool from time to Time but was cheap and came in big spools 1100mtrs for the same price as others in 300mtrs

Then I started using Korda kontour and tigerline in my eyes these are the 2 best out there at the moment both sink well behave well ,supple and cast well if I had to pick 1 out of the 2 it would be tiger line but there's not allot in it and the tiger is £5 more expensive at £25 for a 300mtr spool compared to the kontours £20 for 300mtr spool, last time I spool up 3 reels was with the kontour saving myself £15