Food Source or Attractor? Which is Best?

Here are 2 Base mixes list of ingredients, which is better and which is the food source and which is the attraction bait?

Full Fat soya flour

Maize flour

Wheat flour

Milk protein

Tigernut flour

Semolina

Oil seeds

Low Temperature Fish Meal

Soluble fish protein

Krill meal

Yeast

Betaine

Blood powder

Sea Salt

Sugar

Egg products

Salmon Oil

Soya Bean oil

EEC colourings and propylene glycol

The second is

Cooked Cereals

Milk

Proteins

Soya proteins

Maize

Rape seeds

Wheat

Pulses

Bird foods

Amino acids

Vitamins and Minerals

Egg

EEC permitted flavourings

Antioxidants

Colouring and Sweeteners

The second bait may surprise you!

Here are 2 Base mixes list of ingredients, which is better and which is the food source and which is the attraction bait?

Full Fat soya flour

Maize flour

Wheat flour

Milk protein

Tigernut flour

Semolina

Oil seeds

Soluble fish protein

Krill meal

Yeast

Betaine

Blood powder

Sea Salt

Sugar

Egg products

Salmon Oil

Soya Bean oil

The second is

Cooked Cereals

Milk

Proteins

Soya proteins

Maize

Rape seeds

Wheat

Pulses

Bird foods

Amino acids

Vitamins and Minerals

Egg

Antioxidants

Colouring and Sweeteners

The second bait may surprise you!

Times like this we need CM :)

Oooo is it a competition Nick 8)  :lol: 

For what it's worth ill give it a go

1. Is the attractor 2. Is the Food Source

Reason for each mix i will try and breakdown

Mix 1

The Bulk Ingredients

Full Fat soya flour

Maize flour

Wheat flour

Milk protein

Tigernut flour

Semolina

These are good binders/bulkers but hold little in the way of nutrition, the attractor package

Soluble fish protein

Krill meal

Yeast 

Betaine

Blood powder

Sea Salt

Sugar

These are all well known attractors but there attraction is based on solubility and high amino content due to the way they are processed, I would guess the bait made with this mix would breakdown very quickly but be highly attractive

Salmon Oil

Soya Bean oil

The oil adds lipids again a massive attractor, I'm guessing with the last but presume bait colour and preservative which would indicate a ready made/shelf life type bait.

Mix 2

The bulk ingredients for the second are of much better nutritional value containing elements that are vital to a carp's healthy diet, there is a couple of bits in there that would also add digestion making it a good food option for the fish 

Cooked Cereals

Milk

Proteins

Soya proteins

Maize

Rape seeds

Wheat

Pulses

Bird foods

The attractors no specific ingredients given but the outline would suggest a mix of items that are in general good for the fishes health.

Amino acids

Vitamins and Minerals

Egg

Antioxidants

Colouring and Sweeteners

So after writing all that I am sure Nick coming along and tell me i'm wrong :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Oooo is it a competition Nick 8):lol:

For what it's worth ill give it a go

1. Is the attractor 2. Is the Food Source

Reason for each mix i will try and breakdown

Mix 1

The Bulk Ingredients

Full Fat soya flour

Maize flour

Wheat flour

Milk protein

Tigernut flour

Semolina

These are good binders/bulkers but hold little in the way of nutrition, the attractor package

Soluble fish protein

Krill meal

Yeast

Betaine

Blood powder

Sea Salt

Sugar

These are all well known attractors but there attraction is based on solubility and high amino content due to the way they are processed, I would guess the bait made with this mix would breakdown very quickly but be highly attractive

Salmon Oil

Soya Bean oil

The oil adds lipids again a massive attractor, I'm guessing with the last but presume bait colour and preservative which would indicate a ready made/shelf life type bait.

Mix 2

The bulk ingredients for the second are of much better nutritional value containing elements that are vital to a carp's healthy diet, there is a couple of bits in there that would also add digestion making it a good food option for the fish

Cooked Cereals

Milk

Proteins

Soya proteins

Maize

Rape seeds

Wheat

Pulses

Bird foods

The attractors no specific ingredients given but the outline would suggest a mix of items that are in general good for the fishes health.

Amino acids

Vitamins and Minerals

Egg

Antioxidants

Colouring and Sweeteners

So after writing all that I am sure Nick coming along and tell me i'm wrong :lol::lol::lol:

I bet there's no difference :)

I'd say mix 1 is attractor, but if I had to choose which to use it'd also be mix 1.

Funny if it is attractor because if, Nick, you have taken to list of ingredients as presented by manufacturers the first mix is more attractive to me because of the names listed, krill, pd fishmeal, yeast la deh dah

I'll admit the top one is a shelf life, on a food value profile, but with instant attraction.

Yeast, a very good attractor, and nutritional ingredient

Low Temp Fishmeal, the same.

Soluble Fishmeal, yet again...

Krill Meal, protein, attraction again

Blood powder, protein, attraction again...

The flavour is strawberry and krill, think someone may be looking for that.

Breakdown time is over a few days, longer than the second mix!

The second mix is lower in useable utilisable protein from the bulk ingredients, it relies on added Amino Acids for the attraction and nutrition.

Wouldn't you say that there are a couple of factors in both mixes which could flip either mix the other way round Nick, for example the stated Milk Proteins, these can vary massively with regards to what they give to a bait

I agree, but to me milk proteins can't be used as a plain basic protein ingredient on their own; if used as the sole protein source they need added enzymes (think it's Trypsin) to help digest it, which is where Nutrabaits Hi-Nu-Val worked with the added Addit Digest and/or Bengers.

If as part of a protein package with other proteins then they work better as the proteins can be utilised.

Add to that in Mix two, soya protein is also low in utilisable nutrition, as it is also for humans, (despite what vegetarians tell you), you do need an animal protein.

Has anyone worked out what bait Mix two is yet?

It is actually two baits from the same stable!

Of the two I would be more comfortable fishing the first bait, and have caught on it, yet have blanked on more than one occasion with the second, and I'm positive I can catch a few decent fish. On number two, I have also seen plenty of blanks by other anglers when that bait has gone against other established baits, or even nutritionally better baits fished on the same water.

At a guess and with a little cheating as i know where you now uptake your daily employment

Mix 1: Is Crafty Catcher Fast Food Strawberry & Krill

Mix 2: Possible From Crafty's Retro Range or maybe Nashbait of some description as i would the finished product from the ingredients would look very nashbaity  

At a guess and with a little cheating as i know where you now uptake your daily employment

Mix 1: Is Crafty Catcher Fast Food Strawberry & Krill

Mix 2: Possible From Crafty's Retro Range or maybe Nashbait of some description as i would the finished product from the ingredients would look very nashbaity

1 is definitely correct, but Mix 2 is Hybrid and Cell!

Nash at the moment aren't disclosing the ingredients on the new 4G bags, although it is on the Citruz range.

Dynamite are also quiet on their ingredients on most of their shelf life's.

I have a feeling a few months ago I posted the Crab Meat and Sea Salt ingredients on here, I think when you asked a question on the same sort of lines.