Beanz..... Clearly you have an opinion (which I didn't ask for) and jumped to a (wrong) conclusion, just out of intrigue why on earth would I be zipping up if I was exiting to take a run?? Mucking around with a zip in the dark would be the last thing on my mind! As for the "wimps" I suppose your hardcore and kip on the hard frozen ground in just your y fronts??! .............. Sooooo back to my original question a constructive informative answer would be appreciated [emoji16]

lol...... Its a general remark, not aimed at you (unless the cap fits) others mention bugs above :wink: which is why I didnt quote you Spr

My point was bugs, not who sleeps under the stars in winter!!  So stands to reason if you dont like bugs you (or they) would have too zip up on leaving so they didnt crawl in  :mrgreen:

Soooo I bought the Bivvy it wasn't the one I thought it was with the pod/cell/ whatever ya want to call it (the chub super cyfish dome) But after seeing it and seeing the immaculate condition and the guy putting it all up and taking it down to show me I just couldn't say no so i now have a chub super cyfish mk2 2 man more or less brand new (used once) with winter over wrap for a fraction of the cost of the Bivvy on its own happy days [emoji108]

• 3 weeks later...

I'm honestly of the belief now that an umbrella bivvy system will take all you need for a long session :wink:

I have been using a TFG Hardcore Brolly and it is huge inside.

I can get all the gear inside for a week session easily.

I position my bed so I avoid the brolly 'pole', (because I tend to sit across my bedchair watching the water) around halfway from front to back, so I don't crack my head on the end of the pole. Behind the bedchair I have room for my rod holdall with marker and spod rod folded in half it. My books etc also go behind the bedchair, and when I take a chair, this also fits comfortably, there is plenty of room spare and unused.

In front of the bedchair at the foot end is my rucksack, at the head end, tackle box, food and bait bags and buckets. I actually have to stretch out to reach my stove outside the bivvy to light it!

The front unzips, but comes with a mosquito mesh, and full plastic door which can also be removed, as I do, as I never zip the door down.

Use wise, mine is over a year old, and other than my own stupidity in setting up into the gale force wind, it has behaved impeccably, and I do fish a lot, setting up in the dark regularly, and packing away in a hurry as I fish after and before work.

It comes with the 2 storm poles and the shorter 2 storm sticks (which I rarely use), and decent screw in bivvy pegs, which on wooden stagings I swap for cup hooks. There is also a peak pole, which goes from side to side to keep the front spoke peak in position.

The rear is vented, (and I still argue unless there is a breeze makes no difference), with a zip join, so one or both sides can be strapped aside.

Have a hunt, for TFG Hardcore Brolly as I have put pictures up before, but if you do need a better view I'm sure I can arrange something for you :wink:

Nick, any chance you can link me to those photos? I can't seem to find them and I'm in the market for a brolly!!!

Nick, any chance you can link me to those photos? I can't seem to find them and I'm in the market for a brolly!!!

First time I used it, I took these, once with door down, and open.

f8c9d0578dc81cba45ce4cfd03d6b576_zps2f06

638dd1c55b485a8daaef204aca6ff6ef_zps2267

Thought I had some with a view from outside looking in, direct in front, but I can't find that one. I'll keep looking for it, if not, I'll take another one for you.

Soooo I bought the Bivvy it wasn't the one I thought it was with the pod/cell/ whatever ya want to call it (the chub super cyfish dome) But after seeing it and seeing the immaculate condition and the guy putting it all up and taking it down to show me I just couldn't say no so i now have a chub super cyfish mk2 2 man more or less brand new (used once) with winter over wrap for a fraction of the cost of the Bivvy on its own happy days [emoji108][emoji3]

That's exactly what I ended up with. Great biv. Massive though isn't it! I took it out for a 48 cause I couldn't resist trying it, the fishery owner called it a green holiday home! Spot on for the purpose though!

The inner pod is not a bug thing, it's a 2 skin system that goes up as one thing. It is made of what looks like bug mesh as its a light weight inner skin which is breathable and light enough to see through when the front is open. It is designed to reduce condensation, cool it in the summer warm in the winter etc, and deflect light/medium rain from the front of the biv. The fact that it's bug proof when zipped up is an added benefit. There is no outer separate skin available for this bivvy as the inner pod does the job better. I can't see myself using it fully zipped though. Never had a weather condition yet that I've closed the door of any bivvy for.

It's not an every day use bivvy though! Mine will next come out at the end of April when I'm off for a week! :D

I think you may have misread my post Adam..... I thought it was the dome variant that I was getting but it wasn't.... Mine is the one without the inner pod. Sounds like you have the "cyfish dome with inner pod " and I have the "cyfish mk2 2man without inner pod" I think they are identical from the outside though.....and yes it is massive but I'm not exactly a small bloke 6' 1" and about 18 stone so the extra space will be good for me [emoji12]