Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nigewoodcock

The carp society membership

Please, please, please can you all apply to be a member of the carp society. It will help stop the current directors selling off the assets that they should never have been able to manipulate the situation that could allow them to!

No money needs to be sent.

Just copy the following, obviously filling out the relevant bits......

To the governors of the Carp Society

I apply to become a Member of THE CARP SOCIETY, and I hereby agree, if elected, to be bound by all the conditions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association and any bye-laws of the said Society

Dated this day of:

Name:

Address:

Signed

………………………………………………………….

Then send it off before the 14th of January to:

The Carp Society

Horseshoe Lake,

Burford Road,

Lechlade,

Gloucestershire

GL7 3QQ

The application needs to arrive before the 14th. Send it recorded if possible, then you have proof of delivery etc. I know it costs a little more, but you're paying £90 for membership. :)

Mine was sent by recorded delivery so that I have proof of posting.

Trust me, not them.

Ian

I've been checking with the society about membership applications. All applications need to be sent to the secretary. The last response was as follows.

All post should be addressed to the Secretary at the Office address here at Horseshoe Lake. I receive all applications, log and forward to the Secretary. The board will review all applications at the next board meeting.

The address here is:

The Carp Society

Horseshoe Lake

Burford Road

Lechlade

Glos

GL7 3QQ

Sounds like the board still have the ability to reject memberships, regardless of the application process.

I'll try and find out when the next meeting is. Any bets?

Yes the board will be able to reject memberships, if they only get 10 but, they'll have a hell of a Job explaining why they rejected a 100, especially as it's a membership based society

And I suspect they'll get an awful lot more than that. How many people do you think will be joining to try and get a share of any payout?

Even with 2000 members, if the society has assets of £1000000, that's £500 each. Not a bad return for £90 joining fee.

One of the problems is that it was set up as a company, not a charity or similar. My thoughts are that it should be merged into the AT or similar.

I fully agree, but I'm sure there will be some carpet baggers around at the same time.

Also, whose hands would you trust to look after the venues and facilities? I would trust the AT a lot more than the current directors.

That would achieve nothing, and be the same as selling, the membership would have no say and the AT would have an asset to do as they please with . No it should remain the same as it is although a couple of changes in personnel at a higher level would benefit

And then get it turned into a charity. With the current setup, it's designed to be a commercial organisation that is there to make a profit and can be wound up to distribute the assets between the interested parties. Convert it into a charity or some other type of legal organisation to remove that option.

Up Horseshoe as we speak for a short session.

It's going to be very interesting how it all plays out over the next week or so , there's going to be a good influx of memberships and we will just have to wait and see how many if any get accepted.

Hoping for my first fish for 2016 :wink:

20160109_142221_zpseq4ffjh6.jpg

And then get it turned into a charity. With the current setup, it's designed to be a commercial organisation that is there to make a profit and can be wound up to distribute the assets between the interested parties. Convert it into a charity or some other type of legal organisation to remove that option.

It already is ( on paper at any rate)

Thanks mate .... think I'll need it, had a good mooch about on arrival and didn't see anything. So opted for a spot I know at 110 yards up in the fifty's .

Not here long off in the morning so not overly confident tbh .

But dropped my application form off so if nothing else that will do :wink:

I've just received a letter from the Carp Society to confirm that they've received my membership application.

Dear Ian Whitaker

We have received your membership application; applications will be considered at the next board meeting following the closing date.

Kind regards,

Malcolm Coller

Chairman

The Carp Society