Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nigewoodcock

The carp society membership

Hi guys,

Am I the only one to have missed the fundraising for the legal fight? I don't 'do' social media, so don't see anything on FB etc.

There are links on the carp society main page at the bottom of the page and on the details page in the middle for those others like me who have missed this and wish to help out.

http://www.thecarpsociety.com/

Oh yeah, and where are these auctions I' reading about? Are these on FB as well?

Edited by InteraX

Just as a matter of concern.... Can anyone "in the know" confirm that the above link is legit?? (That's not a dig at you interaX.....far from it) I would just hate to see people funding the scumbags that tried to destroy the carp society

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as a matter of concern.... Can anyone "in the know" confirm that the above link is legit?? (That's not a dig at you interaX.....far from it) I would just hate to see people funding the scumbags that tried to destroy the carp society

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say for definite, but the links go off to a just giving page. Some of the donations refer to ACA auctions which seem to be raising some serious money.

It's shown as owned by Paul Boichat, but he says it's owned by all the new directors. If it's not, I'm sure you could legitimately claim fraud.

Anyway, can anyone clarify with Miles etc?

Hi guys,Am I the only one to have missed the fundraising for the legal fight? I don't 'do' social media, so don't see anything on FB etc.There are links on the carp society main page at the bottom of the page and on the details page in the middle for those others like me who have missed this and wish to help out.http://www.thecarpsociety.com/Oh yeah, and where are these auctions I' reading about? Are these on FB as well?

Yes it is legitimate, there's both crowd funding and auctions to cover the legal expenses

I was talking with miles at the start of the week

Doesn't sound like there legal action has been written very well at all , lots of mistakes in it apparently..... so let's hope it just gets thrown out .

Andy on another note perhaps sorting out raffles/ auction for the social could raise a decent amount for the fund ?

Andy on another note perhaps sorting out raffles/ auction for the social could raise a decent amount for the fund ?

Fantastic idea Phil , wonder who could run/ sort it Phil ....... :D

I have never been a member of the Carp Society. I've been angling for ~ 20 years and have to say that I've never felt they had a notable presence in that time, and I cannot really see how they've fulfilled their mission of representing carp angling in the best way during that time (although I may not have been looking for that during my earlier years). Clearly the mismanagement issues have had a lot to do with this.

Now, please do not take this question the wrong way, rather use it as an opportunity to educate those who do not know the answer:

What's to save?

As I understand it the Society has faded into what is essentially a business, that being a commercial fishery. In looking at the 'Our Purpose' section of their website I'm wondering just how much of it is valid in today's sport.

The sport is huge now, and new medias (the social ones) have allowed it to become self promoting. I can't see it needs further promotion. I do agree strongly with the clauses relating to education, specifically regarding fish safety, but those interested in that education already have access to similar teachings completely free of charge on YouTube. Maybe some who are not so interested would sooner travel to an open day/event and learn than have a look online, but maybe they wont.

The remaining clauses relate to providing venues which for me is basically referring to their business, the lakes.

I also think that pressing matters relating to angling as a whole but not necessarily covered under the CS clauses (such as predation) are already covered in terms of representation (think PAG and the Angling Trust).

So, if I ask myself frankly do I want to give them money to deal with these issues caused by gross mismanagement? The answer is no.

So, bearing in mind I have little interest in fishing Horseshoe or Farriers, can the more educated among the forum members please explain to me why anyone would want to pledge, other than for sentimental reasons (aside from those who fish the lakes of course)?

I know some could be offended by the wording of my post, please do not be. Think of it as a representation of what I suspect lots of younger members are thinking but might not want to say.

So Gents, convince me the Carp Society is worth saving. What benefit do they offer to carp angling?

It's actually about saving Horseshoe as a fishing venue Yonny, if the old board get there way & sell it & split the profit amongst them selves It will definitely go to a housing developer like so many other lakes on the cotswold water park.

The society still do some good work for carp fishing especially the junior carp camp which was held just the other week .

FB_IMG_1465832925055_zps1ocbxmnk.jpg

FB_IMG_1465832708009_zpstmbogzps.jpg

FB_IMG_1465832789564_zpsskrdsbri.jpg

FB_IMG_1465832804291_zps4tuo8y3f.jpg

These young lads who attend the carp camp think there were 30 or so this year really do learn what carp fishing is really about & not just a fish a chuck .

A mate of mine josh helped this year & the two lads he had with him worked really hard for one fish over four days moving 5 times in the process.

With so many of you moaning about the current state of carp fishing and how easy it is for youngsters to go out & catch worthless pb's.... not my words but the thoughts of some of you on here ,this event is worth saving in it self along with the lake.

I will be amazed if all the members on here who will be going later in the year for the first time , don't come away with the lake leaving a real impression on them it's a special place .

I have never been a member of the Carp Society. I've been angling for ~ 20 years and have to say that I've never felt they had a notable presence in that time, and I cannot really see how they've fulfilled their mission of representing carp angling in the best way during that time (although I may not have been looking for that during my earlier years). Clearly the mismanagement issues have had a lot to do with this.

Now, please do not take this question the wrong way, rather use it as an opportunity to educate those who do not know the answer:

What's to save?

As I understand it the Society has faded into what is essentially a business, that being a commercial fishery. In looking at the 'Our Purpose' section of their website I'm wondering just how much of it is valid in today's sport.

The sport is huge now, and new medias (the social ones) have allowed it to become self promoting. I can't see it needs further promotion. I do agree strongly with the clauses relating to education, specifically regarding fish safety, but those interested in that education already have access to similar teachings completely free of charge on YouTube. Maybe some who are not so interested would sooner travel to an open day/event and learn than have a look online, but maybe they wont.

The remaining clauses relate to providing venues which for me is basically referring to their business, the lakes.

I also think that pressing matters relating to angling as a whole but not necessarily covered under the CS clauses (such as predation) are already covered in terms of representation (think PAG and the Angling Trust).

So, if I ask myself frankly do I want to give them money to deal with these issues caused by gross mismanagement? The answer is no.

So, bearing in mind I have little interest in fishing Horseshoe or Farriers, can the more educated among the forum members please explain to me why anyone would want to pledge, other than for sentimental reasons (aside from those who fish the lakes of course)?

I know some could be offended by the wording of my post, please do not be. Think of it as a representation of what I suspect lots of younger members are thinking but might not want to say.

So Gents, convince me the Carp Society is worth saving. What benefit do they offer to carp angling?

as a none member but a contributor i will take this one but only from my angle and not in any way attempting to sway others.

i pledge because in my mind, any institution that promotes education in my chosen hobby is worth attempting to save.

this is especially relevant when the said institution has been corrupted by people in positions of trust who betray that trust for self gain.

the money that i pledge is nothing on the greater scale of things, to me it is no more than a packet of sweets a day and that i can do without but when added to others who do the same it could be the lifeline that that institution needs to survive after the rape of its assets by unscrupulous directors.

in short, if i can help the little man to stuff it up the rich i will do :wink:

Well, finally the phone at Horseshoe was answered and I'm now a fully paid-up member of the Carp Society.

It was Miles who answered the phone which gave me the chance to do a bit of catching up with one of the most pleasant men in angling.

Oh, Cyborx, I joined for the same reasons as you, mate.

Ian

Well, finally the phone at Horseshoe was answered and I'm now a fully paid-up member of the Carp Society.

It was Miles who answered the phone which gave me the chance to do a bit of catching up with one of the most pleasant men in angling.

Oh, Cyborx, I joined for the same reasons as you, mate.

Ian

Ian, i would have joined for the paltry sum of £25 but i cant see me ever using the ticket and THAT would have grieved me sorely.

doing it the way i have tho will give me much satisfaction, especially when the CS win and the corrupt are put down like the craven rob dogs they are.

Btw another 3 pledges completed :wink:

No thanks Andy though I appreciate the offer . I'd just like to add that I think it's a very good cause that you are whipping up support for and if I was physically able to make a donation at this time then I would be delighted to for exactly the same reasons as Jon and Ian .

Maybe one day in the near future . Not having a great time of it at the mo but I have a feeling that things will be improving both for me and also the Horseshoe complex .

That kids camp in paticular .