Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nigewoodcock

The carp society membership

Recommended Posts

It's finally over and we've won 

:D

From Tim Paisley

It's good news week… There is a press release going out from the Carp Society announcing that the four deposed directors – Malcolm Coller, David Mannall, Derek Buxton and Shane Thompson – have finally conceded defeat in the 'boardroom battle' and will play no further part in Society affairs, as directors or members. The four have made a substantial contribution towards the Society's legal costs. For those of you who don't know what this is about, keep an eye on the press for fuller details, esp Carpworld and Carp-Talk, to which I contribute. It has been a protracted, sometimes nerve-racking, legal battle, with the beginnings going back nearly two years. Massive thanks for the support the Society has had from many individuals, and some members of the trade, and for the fund-raising efforts of Mick Dee, his team, and supporters, and Kev Knight for making that avenue possible. During this process there has been the odd comment along the lines of 'Why bother?' Well, in a nutshell, the approximate £2,000,000 that the Society and its assets represent was built over a 30-year-plus period by the world of carp fishing for the future, and its status had to be preserved.
Well done to John Seal, Bill Ward, Greg Fletcher, Steven Hall, Miles Carter, Marsh Pratley, Paul Boichat, Brian Sefton, Sabrina Widdows, Steve Bowles, the Society's life members, and chairman Derek Stritton for helping make this outcome possible. I have been proud to have been part of that team, which had to hang tough through some scary, and, for a handful, potentially individually ruinous, legal ramifications. There is a significant shortfall between the Society's costs and what they have been able to recoup, so the fund-raising will continue for some time to come. Give whatever support you can, please. The Society is once again a democracy, accountable to its re-growing membership, as it was when it was created in May 1981. When this legal process started the voting membership had been eroded to 10, or 12, plus the key, seemingly overlooked by the previous board, life members. What a result!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant news. Glad to hear some positive news. How many members are we now?

It reminds me that I've still to use my membership for more than discounted entry to the winter show after missing the social last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, InteraX said:

Brilliant news. Glad to hear some positive news. How many members are we now?

It reminds me that I've still to use my membership for more than discounted entry to the winter show after missing the social last year. 

Around the 700 mark to date mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news about Horseshoe 8)8)8)

 

Works mad at the moment & with a four day session at the end of the month, probably won't be until  towards the end of may before I wet a line up Horseshoe. 

Anyone fancy a little get together on there , give me a shout . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Great news about Horseshoe 8)8)8)

 

Works mad at the moment & with a four day session at the end of the month, probably won't be until  towards the end of may before I wet a line up Horseshoe. 

Anyone fancy a little get together on there , give me a shout . 

YES! Alan and I are well up for this, Phil. We too are utterly mad busy with the wrought iron stuff but I could juggle things to get there. High time we met up and I want to shake a few hands at Horseshoe.

Andy, Stoogie...up for this? Anyone else?

Ian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies for crashing this thread but I'm after tench advice of any shape and form for Horseshoe please ?

I don't do so much carping now (I had one of the original 15 year Horseshoe tickets), but I am a mad keen tencher.

PM me if you don't want to take up this thread with off topic tenching ! Thanks !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, welder said:

YES! Alan and I are well up for this, Phil. We too are utterly mad busy with the wrought iron stuff but I could juggle things to get there. High time we met up and I want to shake a few hands at Horseshoe.

Andy, Stoogie...up for this? Anyone else?

Ian.

I can't see a problem, date dependant, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tapenhall said:

Apologies for crashing this thread but I'm after tench advice of any shape and form for Horseshoe please ?

I don't do so much carping now (I had one of the original 15 year Horseshoe tickets), but I am a mad keen tencher.

PM me if you don't want to take up this thread with off topic tenching ! Thanks !

 

Give Miles a call at Horseshoe, he'll put you right. I know the Tenchfishers have a weekend on there later in the year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, welder said:

YES! Alan and I are well up for this, Phil. We too are utterly mad busy with the wrought iron stuff but I could juggle things to get there. High time we met up and I want to shake a few hands at Horseshoe.

Andy, Stoogie...up for this? Anyone else?

Ian.

 

4 hours ago, andy52 said:

I can't see a problem, date dependant, 

Will semi pencil it in towards the end of may 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 07:06, tapenhall said:

Thanks.

I fished Sywell once, when we had our touring caravan at Billing Aquadrome. Quite simply the best tench fishing adventure I've experienced, Steve.

 

Ian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...