As promised. .... another day with Terry Edmonds.

chillfactor

Phil the money should now be with you. I'll be going with my friend on the Saturday, so won't attend. If you can't fill the space I'm covered in terms of what I owe.

Can't text or call as away for the weekend and no signal but have wifi where we are.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by androoooo

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't think the grass will be cut in time for us , so just been down & done a test run .

If we drive up and down a few times & flatten it down it will be fine , It's actually stopping the lead plugging to deep so probably work out better tbh .

Got to say really like the new rods casting straighter & further than with my torrix.

20160704_134430_zpsgdnqsm1p.jpg

Was hitting the clip at 150 yards today but there capable of loads more in the right hands . But it was consistent and straight. Think that will be the difference for me from my torrix , the fact that it's easier to reach these distances means more accuracy as I'm not at the limits of what I can cast them to. Being able to cast further than you might need to fish makes fishing at say 130 easy and accurate & to me that's what's it's all about on these casting days .

Great stuff, pity the weather is a bit iffy eh!

Martin and Myself will be aiming to get there for 8:30am.

And no excuses Phil! You've got the big tools for the job!  :mrgreen:
(Although I'll admit, I've not done any exercise since Monday this week so I wouldn't be sore on Saturday!)

Pity you can't make it along Androoo...

So is there still going to be a man short tomorrow Phil?

Well, i can speak for myself and Martin, to say that we had a great day with you lads and with Terry.

I think we got pretty lucky with the weather actually, and as I said to Nige at one point the cross wind at least represents a real fishing situation even if it was stripping 10/15 yards or more off everyone's casts.

I personally came away very happy with my technical improvement and the consistent distances even with 3 vastly differing rods proves me that it is now only my own gear limiting my distance.

Amazing to see what can be achieved with the tools and techniques Terry had! Blimey that guy can chuck, I've never seen someone compress a rod like that and soooooo fast!!!

Hope you all had as good a day, and I really hope we can get together for a social at some point, that would be great.

Thanks Phil.

Yes definitely, throw some dates at us as soon as you have them mate. We're happy to give anywhere a try.

(Although, if it's a big chuck water I'll have to borrow some gear off you since Terry took the Micky out of my "Individual" rod and reel choices, Lol)

And you are all very welcome! We like our grub and are always happy to share mate! :wink:

The provision of the field was very much appreciated and it was nice to meet your lovely little family too.

• 2 weeks later...

Did a bit more practice last night .

The guys that came on the day will know the difference in these photos to how I was on the the day .

As I was already through the cast before I was in that body position before. Taking slow motion video of me casting & watching it back has really helped to see where I was going wrong. Was casting 160 yards last night which was the limit,as I was only in the paddock & not down the field.

Screenshot_20160724-213124_zpsjgwjqxqs.p

Screenshot_20160724-230245_zpsj25zxcom.p

So as a top tip to anybody looking to improve there casting do the video thing as what you think your doing can look completely different in reality.

15lb synergy straight through Nige.... liking that line a lot so thanks for getting that for me mate . 8)

Was clipped up at 160 last night as any further I would of been through the hedge row lol .

Amazing the difference watching myself cast has made as I literally thought that's how I was doing it before mate.

Yes Phil, a much better set of conditions than we had on the day!

I'd have loved to have got a true distance max without the wind affecting us, that Treb Light of Terry's felt like I could have got a fair bit more out of it with some time and improvement in my timing.

Great shots too, the second one shows some serious compression of that rod mate, I really wish I had both the gear and the field, to practice more and find out what I'm capable of on the right day.

Well, cooking I remember offering, not a problem at all we can whip up a banquet on the bank, but you can make your own pigging Tea, unless you want it stirred with my "Special stirrer" hahahaha!

Got to be looking at a social for late summer/autumn then lads, get your heads together! I'm out of the picture now every weekend until end of Aug, but after that should be good?