As promised. .... another day with Terry Edmonds.

chillfactor

There's quite a few going off here , think they have paid till the Sunday.... I'm a permit holder so it makes no difference to me but will be there all weekend mate for sure .

If not we could do something similar in October before my ticket runs out would be a better choice of pegs then tbf .

still improving mate . will never be good but hopefully better then before the op. looking forward to getting some fishing in. may get a quick night this weekend if all goes to plan. club match next weekend and the following weekend 2 night charity do on yateley north lake.

you got any horseshoe planned prior to social ?

Hi Guys I am very interested in this and at the weekend I even emailed Terry to see if there were any places available in the near future but no reply as yet.

I have been doing this for a lot of years and am sure I have a lot of bad habits I would like to improve, so in short I know I need help (in so many ways according to the better half Lol).

Your advice and suggestions gratefully recieved (stands back for a lot of mickey taking.

Cheers

Ian

Hi there Ian .... your more than welcome to join us on another casting day at some point . Like I said I personally wouldn't want to pay for another session with him done two now over the past few years & I think I've got the technique semi sorted now just more practice.

But if there are enough of you who would like to pay for Terry I am more than happy to supply the venue.

Or we could just pass on what we have learnt to others I am easy either way tbh .

• 7 months later...

A good tip for when you practice Ian, 

Set your phone up on slow motion video mode . Watching your cast back in slow motion or frame by frame really helps get that weight transfer & timing right , what you think your doing during the cast can be completely different to what's  actually going on.  Helped me no end doing this .

Yonny, like you say mental distance.

Nige, reckons I've  got 180 in me & with practise he's  probably right , can't imagine getting much further though with out joining a gym lol 

250 with Carp gear and an overhead... Haha that's crazy...

But as Phil can attest, when you've stood next to Tel and seen what he's capable of with a rod, you can sort of understand it, even though its just an obscene distance!

Yonny that is quite likely double the distance that 90% of carp anglers can ACTUALLY put a lead. (Despite all the rubbish claims bandied around! Lol)

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Set your phone up on slow motion video mode . Watching your cast back in slow motion or frame by frame really helps get that weight transfer & timing right , what you think your doing during the cast can be completely different to what's  actually going on.  Helped me no end doing this .

Great tip that is, I did it with a mate. I wasn't stopping the rod anywhere near as high as I though I was, the tip was nearly hitting the floor! I had no idea, it looked nothing like how it felt. Very odd.

Hello moose  mate , good to see you on here ,

Your not wrong , I'm sure you walked with Terry when he gave one a bit more stick on the day ? Didn't it go out the field & was 3/4 ers the way up the trees in my little bit of wood, your reaction when you came back :shock::D

Still hoping to come & join you at some point mate .... been throwing up some lovely winter fish from what I can see 8)

Yeah don't use the forums as much now mate.

Haha I think Tel must have thought I was a bit nuts, cos I walked all the way back with my mouth open just shaking my head!

That field is getting on for for 200 yes? And he sailed one over the fence... Madness.

You really should come and do a guest night mate with one of the lads, no real lumps but a hell of a back drop!

It's a special place alright!

That part of the field we were using & where we were stood to cast, must be 200 yards to the woods mate , your right , so that was probably a 230 + that day . 

Should be able to get out to you at some point , you will have to have a chat with Martyn & see what suits you guys & I will try & work round that . 8)

Yeah, I was nearly getting as far as him... NOT!

So long as we don't interfere with (Only one bank can be night fished) the syndicate lads wanting to fish Phil, Me or Martyn (Or both of us!) can do a night with you pretty much any time at this time of year while the lake is quieter. Come summer it would be a midweeker only. Feel free to suggest some dates and we'll see what we can do.

You won't be catching any 40's as you know, but you will struggle to get a better background for a photo of what you do catch! (And you will catch, it's fishing really really well since we got the winter feed program under way) And the real bonus is, we can get an Indian/Chinese/Kebab/Pizza delivered to the lake! :)