Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Carpbell_ll

Netting At Kingsbury WP

Just thought i would let anyone know who may be interested, they are planning on netting the lakes at Kingsbury from the 5th February onwards, think they may of already netted Causeway, not sure but i think they are moving some of the larger fish to Pine and Canal pool, there is a lot of work going on up there at the mo, Don't know if they are still planning on opening a runs water?

Looks like they are getting ready to do Bodymoor Heath next as they are cutting back all the bank-side trees that would get in the way, A lot of trees around Pine have been marked up for a trim. I hope they open a runs water, there are plenty of lakes for one.

That sounds good , are there still a few lumps swimming around in there ? Be good to have a runs type water there

Yes there are some very nice fish in the lakes at KWP, seems to be a bit of moaning on FB, due to the removal of the few 40lb fish from Swan pool, they are trying to keep all the carp anglers on either Pine or Canal, some people like to fish Swan or Boadymoor for the few larger carp that are in there.

Putting Barbel and Chub in other lakes to try and get more match bookings, they would need to fill the place up with F1s to achieve that.

Yes there are some very nice fish in the lakes at KWP, seems to be a bit of moaning on FB, due to the removal of the few 40lb fish from Swan pool, they are trying to keep all the carp anglers on either Pine or Canal, some people like to fish Swan or Boadymoor for the few larger carp that are in there.

Putting Barbel and Chub in other lakes to try and get more match bookings, they would need to fill the place up with F1s to achieve that.

thanks for the info bud, i used to fish there over 10 years ago seems like a lifetime ago now , so have they moved the 40s and all the other carp to just to pine and canal then?

yes i dont agree with barbel or chub going into still waters they need flowing rivers to survive they wont last long in a lake  

yes i dont agree with barbel or chub going into still waters they need flowing rivers to survive they wont last long in a lake  

Actually both species adapt to life in stillwaters but, for me, it's like putting a wild animal in a zoo. It will survive but will be in entirely the wrong place.

Anyway, who would want to merely survive? Life is for living, isn't it?

Ian

Actually both species adapt to life in stillwaters but, for me, it's like putting a wild animal in a zoo. It will survive but will be in entirely the wrong place.

Anyway, who would want to merely survive? Life is for living, isn't it?

Ian

People adapt too life in prison....but the never spawn in a natural way again!!!

A FYI, Kingsbury have raised the car park price to £4.50 for the summer, so don't get caught out looking for change before the shop opens, they really have took some trees and bushes out around pine, you can stand in the car park and see over the whole pool just about, wonder why they did that?

Have they took them out completely or just cut back for fresh growth?

They have cut a lot of the trees down to a stump and most of the bush is gone, still plenty of trees lining the pool but they really have opened up the gaps between them,  all the old pegs that had over grown are now open, the whole lake bar two pegs is booked up for the first night fishing in June.

It lets a lot more light on the water, even at this time of the year.

Hmmm probably won't make the drive up again then , shame really enjoyed my day there last year caught a stunning dark mirror.

Getting more sunlight on the water may of been one of the reasons ,raising the water Temps can really boost growth rates & knowing the guys who were advising up there was probably one of the reasons along with bank erosion, bank Side trees are terrible long term for bank erosion .

Hmmm probably won't make the drive up again then , shame really enjoyed my day there last year caught a stunning dark mirror.

Getting more sunlight on the water may of been one of the reasons ,raising the water Temps can really boost growth rates & knowing the guys who were advising up there was probably one of the reasons along with bank erosion, bank Side trees are terrible long term for bank erosion .

cutting down the trees wont increase growth rates in the slightest and if butchering a lake for that purpose wouldn't be justifiable imo anyway. If anythin more sun light will increase the chances of big algue blooms gives the fish less cover in the summer and increase weed growth all of which are bad for the fishes well been.

That's your opinion mate & I wasn't saying it's what I would do, but it's a fact that warmer water increases growth rates more sunlight on the water = a higher average temperature.

Sound like it's more about making room for more anglers tbh

Edited by chillfactor

Did they get the fish out of swan? Just sounds to me as if a good complex has been butcherd and destroyed.

I don't think they got them all out of Swan  :wink: but whether they will allow carp anglers on once it is restocked as a match water remains to be seen.