Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Mal

New to carp fishing

Hi all, I am returning to fishing after a 30 year lay off and thought I would try carp however, I am totally bewildered by the choice of rigs; has anyone got any tips on simple beginners rigs for commercial waters?

Welcome Mal, keep it simple, don't get confused by all the terminology, it really hasn't changed that much from the basics you used 30 years ago - the rods, reels and terminal tackle has improved but it still does the same thing, bait has become more available to those outside of the secret circle - but now they want to make a living from it.

Above all have fun and enjoy your fishing :)

But seriously never leave home without a can off sweetcorn.

Its cheap and hair rigs easy and

Easy to catapult.

Any one got any tips on using it in pva bags?

only based on what I have read on here and other site but.... Making sweetcorn pva friendly is a simple as drying the excess moisture or alternatively drain off the liquid put the corn in a freezer bag add some pva friendly oily additive and its ready to go [emoji16] Edited by spr1985

Making sweetcorn pva friendly is a simple as drying the excess moisture or alternatively drain off the liquid put the corn in a freezer bag add some pva friendly oily additive and its ready to go [emoji16]

Great tip that!

Coating in dry groundbait

That sounds like it could work. Maybe mixing with oil and ground bait would work well.

Do you think that would make the ground bait rise through the water column.?

Do you think that would make the ground bait rise through the water column.?

I think it will depend on the groundabait and water temperature, I'm sure someone can put you straight on that as I haven't done it myself as I'm not too keen on introducing oil since it will float to the surface and drift off out of the swim and I don't think it has any attraction properties, food value yes but attraction no - others will disagree but that's angling for you :lol: