Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

how hard a lake would you class horseshoe as ? this will be my third session up there without so much as a bite so far. I was hoping with the ability to be able to move this time a fish was a bit more realistic, but speaking to someone recently who had done 20 nights and still not had a fish I think ive got a few more to go. lol

I haven't been able to get up there anywhere near as much as I hoped when I got my ticket up there so can't really answer that for you mate .

I am on a run of blanks myself up there but some of that is down to conditions/ spawning/ & just short session fishing. Lost to many as well tbh which isn't helping matters!!! Hopefully going to get a couple of after work short sessions in over the next couple of weeks as I'm working not to far from there at the moment.

But talking to people up there it can certainly be hard with plenty going on long runs of blanks.

But saying that a few of the lads do seem to be catching consistently with the odd blank here and there so it's just about catching it right and getting on them .

Got a few pics from my limited visits up there this year.

Summer bay

20160428_111550_zpsxhz6jler.jpg

20160428_135503_zpsytwu63if.jpg

20160620_103104_zpsueuqdcjj.jpg

Winter bay & channel

20160220_133548_zpssmbukuch.jpg

& up in the fifties looking back down to the channel & winter bay with summer bay entrance down the bank to my right .

20160307_171437_zpsyt40xgl6.jpg

21759e63-649d-453a-b373-272d24d08a18_zps

Edited by chillfactor

2 rods only for whole lake as per rules

5. Fishing is only permitted from authorised numbered swims. Red post swims permit two anglers to fish together to a maximum of four rods from the swim (i.e. two each). White post swims are for single angler occupancy to a maximum of two rods. Blue post swims are for single angler, single rod, daylight only use. No bivvying is permitted in blue post swims. Anglers using blue post swims are not permitted to leave tackle in other swims whilst fishing.

6. Note: From 1 November until 31 March a single angler fishing a red or white post swim may fish with three rods provided that he/she is in possession of the appropriate E.A. licences. Please note the exception is that two anglers sharing a red post swim are limited to two rods each at all times.

2 rods only for whole lake as per rules

that isn't actually the rule though mate as permit holders can use 3 rods anywhere but summer bay & day ticket anglers can pay extra if they want to use three rods.

Which is why I said check with you what is covered on the social.

Spoke to miles, the 3 rod rule is for double swims if your on your own, but as its a roaming social he said it could get confusing so two rods only, ( ie I could have the extra rod as I'm initially fishing Choppies but then move to peg 12 which is a two rod peg )

Oh and the above is c+p direct from the horseshoe rules page and your the only permit holder coming :)