• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after 68 nights fishing horseshoe I finally got one in the net, 27lb pb common , also lost one yesterday.

Looking like I should be able to make it Got funeral arrangements nearly sorted few things to confirm Monday or Tuesday all necessary people been contacted accept the bank but doing that tomorrow, c

Lol Pete. ... lawns wasn't really fished very often before Andy had that big hit ,after was a different kettle of fish .

The reason that it did so many fish was due to the fact the road bank was shut in summer due to the thick weed .

Who knows what will be the situation come September :wink:

Edited by chillfactor

yeah long time off yet Phil, they could be anywhere, getting down a day or two earlier may give you a good heads up, I like the idea of  moving around just depends how busy it is and wind direction etc, I do intend to do some proper fishing this time, I think I've been there twice now and not had a single run so its about time I got my fishing head on, off to Sandhurst next Monday for 3 days with Adam and I think Dougies coming to so looking forward to that one.

yeah long time off yet Phil, they could be anywhere, getting down a day or two earlier may give you a good heads up, I like the idea of  moving around just depends how busy it is and wind direction etc, I do intend to do some proper fishing this time, I think I've been there twice now and not had a single run so its about time I got my fishing head on, off to Sandhurst next Monday for 3 days with Adam and I think Dougies coming to so looking forward to that one.

I should of learnt more about the water by then & will keep a breast of what's going on for all the guys attending & will help in any way I can .

Still learning the place my self. all the guys I know up there say pretty much the same thing it takes a couple of seasons on there to really get a handle on it & to be able to make informed decisions. But I should have a grasp of things hopefully by September & be able to point people in the right direction if wanted .

I wish you luck with that Phil, it certainly is a great pace to fish, from what I see there are a good 4-5 anglers that keep cropping up with decent catches they have certainly got it sussed.sussed. I'm sure if you put the hours in you will get the rewards mate look forward to picking your brains then in September  :wink:

Finding the fish is the most important thing Pete.... That's why I'll be fishing off the Barrow all year & fishing light .

You can't catch what's not in front of you .

I haven't really started up there properly yet as fish shows have been few and far between, even the guys who have also fished through winter say they haven't seen a show since late autumn, it's been more about keeping the bait going in . If I would of managed to land the takes I've had in the 9 days i've spent up there through winter I would of actually been doing OK & be very happy but at the moment it's 4-1 to the carp lol

Edited by chillfactor

Finding the fish is the most important thing Pete.... That's why I'll be fishing off the Barrow all year & fishing light .

You can't catch what's not in front of you .

I haven't really started up there properly yet as fish shows have been few and far between, even the guys who have also fished through winter say they haven't seen a show since late autumn, it's been more about keeping the bait going in . If I would of managed to land the takes I've had in the 9 days i've spent up there through winter I would of actually been doing OK & be very happy but at the moment it's 4-1 to the carp lol

Pretty much what you should do every time you fish, ie find em feed em feed em catch em, but not that simple or we would always be catching. thats what makes us keep coming back Phil, can be very frustrating though.

• 4 weeks later...

Just reading another thread which has prompted me to while I remember to let the guys know who don't already.

The undertow on Horseshoe can be mental I've had 4oz distance leads roll along the bottom, so make sure you bring some heavy square leads or flat pears etc with you just in case the wind gets up .