Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ginger9997

Plastic baits.....What soaks?

So as the title says really. When i have used plastic baits i dont really soak them in anything, Does anyone? What are you using and do you think you have any success? I have some crafty carper syrups but as its more of an oil im not sure it would actually "attach" to the plastic?

Some plastics are a by product of refining oils so it is quite possible that they would be the perfect thing to take on an oily additive... I may of course be completely wrong and I'm sure someone with far more knowledge than myself will answer your question shortly

On the rare occasions I force myself to use plastic baits (with no bait stop so they can come off the hair if I get snagged and leave a rig in the water), I use them straight from the container. I believe that most of them use a fish oil in their manufacture, which in itself is an attractor.

I do tend to fish fake Sweetcorn over Vitalin, Sweetcorn or pellets, where they are in a 'feed situation'. The carp picking them up as part of their feeding.

In most cases I use a fake piece to balance 3 or 4 grains of real corn.