Baitology essential boilies?

Just wondered what you guys thought of the insanely cheap Baitology Essential boilies?

If you buy 10kg it works out about £3.80 a kilo, if you buy 30kg it turns out at about £2.80 a kilo!!!

I have heard these guys are well established and have been around for quite some time (I also see them advertised in Carp World a lot)!

They are shelf life only, but I was thinking of buying 10kg to pad out my other boilies which are a tenner a kilo (frozen CCmoore live system). I was thinking of using half live system half coconut baitology boilies and only using live system hook baits?

What do you guys think? Would I be running my chances just to save a few pennies?

Hi mate , I would be a bit suspect of such a cheap shelf life boilie personally.

I don't use shelf life at all tbh .

Why not buy in bulk from one of the many proven bait companies & get your price per kilo down from 10£ to 5-6£ and just have the one bait to introduce to your lake will more than likely work out cheaper in the long run & be a better bait . Have a look at baitworks great bait I can get it direct from the factory for you and post it to you so will keep the cost down from there online price .

There's no need to spend 10£ a kilo tbh

Not at all .... I was trying to pick peoples brains on home made bait & getting the cost down . Absolutely nothing to do with super cheap shelf life.

It was cm him self on all his early threads that was ripping into boilies especially shelf life . Quoteing some experiment that had taken place & how there were all rotting on the bottom of a lake bed .

I know a few lads using the dearer baitology baits and they catch plenty of fish. Now the cheaper baits are obviously going to be more of an attractor bait but in the right place any bait will catch a fish. The company have been going for years and roll bait for many other companies so i cant see it being so crap it would ruin their reputation. Give it a blast what have you got to lose other than a bit of cash and fishing time.

Think i remember telling you in the quest how effective it had been, personally, i wouldnt do it, does it work, you bet ya, matter of choice.

Fair enough fella ..... unlike your mates think I wasn't looking for an argument just wondered if you had changed your thinking from your initial slating of boilie especially shelf life .

Didn't see the need for hawkmans post but hey ho .

Your mates are trying there best to stir things between me & you first Newmarket now Hawkman.

Think we have actually been agreeing on a few matters of late :lol:

Cheers for the advice gents.

The lake I'm joining next year does see a lot of bait - I'm going to take a few trips down there and get to grips with the fish, what works what doesn't, will they eat anything or are they fussy.. and make my decision from there I'm thinking!

Cheers for the replies though, and I didn't enjoy the short lived sparring match :wink: To be fair i'm guilty of asking hundreds of questions about bait because i'm always scared to back myself, I think I've just gotta go with trial and error. 

Jem hit the nail on the head though, its what the fish want that counts!

Edited by Miltz308

The lake I'm joining next year does see a lot of bait - I'm going to take a few trips down there and get to grips with the fish, what works what doesn't, will they eat anything or are they fussy.. and make my decision from there I'm thinking!

That's good advice if you cant afford to use lots of bait.

Though these are no different to the lakes that are used for testing new baits, lakes that have never seen the latest bait still respond to it, instantly as well!!......Ask some of our resident home mix/rollers, I bet they aren't baiting 100 kilos plus before their first result.

Miltz not sure what you're trying to achieve?

Establishing a bait and mass pre-baiting or simple adding more food items when you're fishing?

If it's the first and you need shelf life due to freezer space, maybe buy a bulk load of something like essential b5 in shelf life. The average cost may well come in close to what you'll pay, paying £10 a kilo for live system and £3.50 for the baitology ones.

If it's the second, I'd think with a little thought you could achieve that, at similar cost and have something infinitely more attractive and that is a little closer to live system in its profile.

• 2 years later...

I’m browsing through ans searching for reviews of the Baitology and found this thread. 

1. Yes, for 3€ per kilo there isn’t something Wow in boilies, but if we look at the Premium range and if we know price of ingredients when you buy yearly tons and tons there is pretty clear that they can do it for these prices. 

2. If I can make really good nutritional boile for £4 (I don’t use expensive liquid foods and flavours) they can do it for at least for £1.5, because they can purchase ingredients for 1/3 of the price we’re paying. And is well known they’re producers for some other bait companies, so they know some “secret” mixes etc. 

3. They don’t have distributors, tackle shops and expensive marketing expenses, which we pay in additional 100% markups in fishing stores. 

4. Holland is meka of ingredients and one of the main distribution channels within EU, and that cut down costs a lot. 

5. I think that maybe even better boilies are made from the Northern and MCT Baits. I will give them a chance, talking about “premium” range.

Me and my friends will try some “premium” range boilies from North and Baitology on rivers where fish will tell us if this is good or not :) 

I made my own baits and I know pretty well what they like and what not. If the bait is not good, the number of catches is reduced drastically or better there are no catches at all :D