Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Hi everyone,

My name's Daz, I'm from the wonderful area of Birmingham called Chelmsley Wood :)

I'm a new, old-ish member. I gave up fishing totally around 15 years ago & around 5 years ago I decided to start again unfortunately life got in the way & I had to put fishing on the back burner before I started :( anyhow, life seems to have settled again now (I really shouldn't have said that) So, today I've been out & bought new rods, reels & 90% of everything else I need, so I'll be around bugging everyone with silly questions shortly.

I've never really been a carp fisherman, but always wanted to try. Things really seem to have moved on from my days of trout fishing, I'm confusing myself silly reading about all the different rigs etc.

Thanks for reading my life story :roll:

Daz.

Welcome to Carp.com.

Simple?

That describes me to a tee.

Far more carp are caught on simple rigs than over complicated highly metalled, super swivelled, spinning and revolving rigs with an added twist, despite what magazines tell you. They show you big name angler using his 'above' super rig, and catching for his article, they don't tell you how many thousands of fish have been caught in the meantime by mere mortals who are casting out a basic knotless knotted rig.

Enjoy, have fun.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I like the idea of simple, it suits me perfectly :). I've tied a couple of simple knotless knot rigs over the weekend & they seem OK to me.

Daz, we're neighbours, I'm in Water Orton.

Welcome to this cracking forum.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I'm sure I've spoken to you a few years ago about Beaver pool, the name & Water Orton rings a faint bell in my distant past.

Edited by g1nga

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I like the idea of simple, it suits me perfectly :). I've tied a couple of simple knotless knot rigs over the weekend & they seem OK to me.

Hi Ian,

I'm sure I've spoken to you a few years ago about Beaver pool, the name & Water Orton rings a faint bell in my distant past.

Bells are ringing, now. Beaver Pool is now under new, proper management and if far more secure.

Ian

Hello Daz 

Ask as many " silly " questions as you want - they'll probably be the questions I've always wanted to ask , but felt too embarrassed  !  :oops:  .

Don't worry I'll take the ridicule for the team :)

Bells are ringing, now. Beaver Pool is now under new, proper management and if far more secure.

Ian

Is it? I might pop over during the week & have a look.

Welcome aboard mate,you'll not be ridiculed mate,just helped. There a friendly,helpful bunch on here.

Just one question tho........ Have you got ginger hair

I did have but then did the only decent thing & shaved it off. No more kids running away screaming when I'm walking down the street :)

Mind you, age & nature already got rid of most of it for me.

Edited by g1nga

I did have but then did the only decent thing & shaved it off. No more kids running away screaming when I'm walking down the street :)

Mind you, age & nature already got rid of most of it for me.

Well as the lads have said,keep it simple and you'll catch plenty,mate.

Hello Daz 

Ask as many " silly " questions as you want - they'll probably be the questions I've always wanted to ask , but felt too embarrassed  !  :oops:  .

theres a place especially for you crusian

right here :lol:http://www.carp.com/topic/17102-silly-questions-an-anonymous-way-to-ask/?hl=%2Bsilly+%2Bquestions