Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Hi all, I have just moved to barking Essex and would like to know off any lakes in the area? Thanks

Welcome to Carp.com.

I have moved this into New to Carp.com area of the forum.

It may be an idea to go to the UK Where to fish section, and I'm sorry to have to say it, use the search facility for Essex, then 'search forum'.

I know a few lakes in the area, but not particularly by name.

You have the Chase at Dagenham, a fishery at Hornchurch, and then outwards from there I would struggle, I can't even think of the name of the lakes at Ockendon.

Also what you are after may make a difference.

Probably the best person to ask is a gentleman called Tim, who goes by the name of Newmarket on here.

There are plenty of lakes in Essex and also depends on how far you wish to travel really.

I is unfortunately an Essex Chap ..... so ask away.... I don't bite 

Welcome to the Forum Roy.

Where are you from Roy?

Welcome to Carp.com.

I have moved this into New to Carp.com area of the forum.

It may be an idea to go to the UK Where to fish section, and I'm sorry to have to say it, use the search facility for Essex, then 'search forum'.

I know a few lakes in the area, but not particularly by name.

You have the Chase at Dagenham, a fishery at Hornchurch, and then outwards from there I would struggle, I can't even think of the name of the lakes at Ockendon.

Also what you are after may make a difference.

Probably the best person to ask is a gentleman called Tim, who goes by the name of Newmarket on here.

Ask and thou shalt receiveth :)

What sort of fishing are you after mate ? Runs water ? Campaign water ?

How experienced are you etc ?

All relevant points and it'll help me give you a rundown on possible suitable fisheries .