Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Paul

Struggling to find lakes with Carp in Ohio

Well I am 100 percent new to carp fishing.I pulled the trigger went to big carp tackel bought a bunch of stuff then hit the feed store made me a particle bait.Leant about boiling and soaking and everything.Then i went to fish my river which is suppose to have carp which is the Ohio river.I cant get a single bite on the maize i prepared.The river temperature is 43 degrees farenheight.Maybe thats the problem since im new I dont know.

the couple lakes that are around me I guess they got rid of all there carp using some kind of electric shocking thing to make all the carp float so they could get rid of them.

I have no idea what to to do.

Im hoping that it is just river temperature problem.

Im hoping maybe some of you guys from north America or even the uk guys can give me a bit of advice.Im totally lost here I spent a few hundred dollars i n tackle to make sure I do it right so I dont hurt the fish etc.Now im just stuck like what to do what to do

If they're in there they should bite better when it warms up a bit. 50 - 51 degrees is what I consider to be the turning point so you might winkle the odd one out now seeing as it's that close. Get on Carp Anglers Group forums and take a peek at the Ohio board to see how far you are from where they've been catching. I just looked and even though the posts aren't recent I know that some guys have been fishing for carp there for a long time. The best way to get started is always to fish with someone who can show you a few methods on the bank so ideally you want to find another carper in your area. Above all remember that you're in it to have fun but its a sport that requires some patience. You'll get them.