Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jonezy

Rotary Letter

134 posts in this topic

What happened to the rotary letter we used to do on this forum? There seems to be an abundance of people with either high technical knowledge, vast experience or outright brash opinions. All of these, at least in my eyes, would contribute greatly to the format which I believe was actually quite successful and, more importantly, interesting the last time we did it.

Would anybody care to contribute if it was brought back into play?

For anybody who doesn't know the format mentioned, it's basically a chosen subject and then the person who writes a piece nominates the next person to contribute their input on the subject matter. It also doesn't have to be entirely serious and humourous posts are more than welcomed. I'd go as far as to say they should be encouraged, personally.

Edited by jonezy
nealjt, gagnaccarp and beanz like this

Yes very good idea, I'd contribute, (don't expect much vast experience, technical knowledge or brash opinions though!) Would be great to get old and new to say their experience on any given subject.

Its not a bad idea Jonezy, i know some guys have a go at my threads but, i dont see too many people putting up subjects worth commenting on or anything at all, and it gets a bit mundane when no new subjects appear.

beanz and nealjt like this

Is this a vote? If so I vote yes, I think it would be an interesting read, and as I quite often say the wealth of knowledge available on the forum should be exploited [emoji12]

nealjt likes this

CM I think it would be a great way for people to share thier thoughts without it becoming a slanging match. Anyone in disagreement if/when nominated would get the opportunity to give their opinion and balance the argument. It could make a great read, opposing opinions stating their sides and the readers can take the advice that they see fit.

I for one think the first subject should be a double hitter, "boilies and braid" te he he :) :-) :) :-)

The general rules used to be that only the nominated person can comment and they must address the original subject rather than the last post, although references were obviously acceptable.

gagnaccarp and nealjt like this

You would hope that would be the case, without new topics it becomes a yawn and sometimes i look at it and think, what can we put up there to promote thought and frankly i wish more people would.

nealjt likes this

Jonesy and CM I think with the suggested format and willing participants there would be a good opportunity to have fresh thought provoking content.

Mods bring it back please[emoji4]

To add, I think it would be fresh content, that would be clear of the clutter unhelpful disagreement and could promote side thread where specifics may be discussed. I know I would look forward to the next addition as though I was subscribed to a magazine.

Just get one going lads, we don't need Mods to agree , they won't delete it!!

We just need a few subjects to get us started, so what should the next Rotary thread be about??? and who starts it......Jonezy  :wink:

carpmachine and nealjt like this

Its not a bad idea Jonezy, i know some guys have a go at my threads but, i dont see too many people putting up subjects worth commenting on or anything at all, and it gets a bit mundane when no new subjects appear.

Got to say CM , it would be very dull on here without your threads....if your not thought provoking your making me chuckle with the bickering. :mrgreen:

adamkitson, spr1985 and nealjt like this

Get some ideas down for the first subject on this thread. I will then start one off by picking a random name from the list of most recent posters to do the first instalment.

If people can stick to the rules and only the nominated person posts, then all should be good.

beanz, hutch, adamkitson and 1 other like this

Subjects erm I'd be interested in;

- Using pva

- Why people fish

- watercraft

- fishing new waters

- rig choice why, where, when

I'm guessing these are pretty standard but could make interesting reads

I like Neal's idea of a side thread, I don't think we ever had one before, and had deleted posts and threats of bans  :mrgreen: A side thread would allow the agreements or disagreements, banter and bickering without ruining the original thread. :wink:

nigewoodcock likes this

Subjects erm I'd be interested in;

- Using pva

- Why people fish

- watercraft

- fishing new waters

- rig choice why, where, when

I'm guessing these are pretty standard but could make interesting reads

We have done watercraft and fishing new waters. The rig choice one would be pretty good I reckon.

yonny and nealjt like this

Did we not have a rig choice as well?? Not that is matters I'm sure we may have changed our opinions on all of the bottom three of Neal's list since....not even sure I can remember my responses too the ones I was nominated on...May have to have a recap!!

I can't remember beanz?

LOL I defiantly cant !!! it may of been on the ideas list last time???

Seem like a good idea though. Rigs, where and why.

Cheers Nige, I thought about asking/begging lol not to pick me first, but thought that would guarantee you picking me  :roll:  :mrgreen: .....I played it well  :mrgreen:

Neal or Jonezy.

nealjt likes this

To be honest, I think most of those topics have been done to the death on the forums anyway. How about something a bit broader like how we think carp fishing will evolve over the next decade and whether or not we'll see a similar huge growth in other sectors of fishing? What with the otter problem along side other "predators", mainly of the human kind (whether that be killing fish or the desire to turn every lake into a commercial), diminishing the sport, I think It'd be rather interesting to see different people's take on the matter.

I'd like to add that I wouldn't like to start the first one, especially if it's on rigs as I only use about three.   :mrgreen:

Edited by jonezy
salokcinnodrog and hutch like this

Got to say CM , it would be very dull on here without your threads....if your not thought provoking your making me chuckle with the bickering. :mrgreen:

Thanks old Nene Buddy, i am a bit like marmite, not the boilies.